• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Roaming body pains?

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
Do any of the guys on here have them? Just a dull pain that sort of moves around... Its always somewhere but not always in the same place?

I know the ladies get this and they all call it Fibro, but most people say men don't get it, some argue that they do?

I have it a lot and sometimes its pretty annoying... Maybe just misfiring nerve cluster, the doctor said it was probably Fibro, he not in the camp that men cant have it?

I'm just curious?

I'm going to call @ZebraAspie to the rescue since it's 2 of us with a particular condition, but there's another chronic pain condition called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, with several forms, that is often misdiagnosed (and people very often end up with a fibromyalgia diagnosis that really doesn't help).

Un-fun facts about EDS:
- The hypermobility type is considered a comorbidity with ASD, to the point a handful of doctors wonder if they're not different expressions of one syndrome.
- It also affects women more than men, but men can definitely have it, too.
- There's quite a bit of sensory and cognitive aspects in common with ASD.

Of course, I don't know much about your pain, but maybe look it up and discuss it with your doctor?

Fibromyalgia isn't exclusive to women, so there's that. Not sure who told you men don't get FM, that's just not true.
There are quite a few pain syndromes too, but it's really up to your doctor to diagnose that.

I am male, and I often have pains and lately I have been having issues with fatigue as well, I don't know if the fatigue is related to the pain. However the pain I am experiencing is more of a sharp pain than what you described and it is usually located in my joints.

Men can get Fibromyalgia, where did you hear that they can't? o_O

I don't usually have roaming pain, but sometimes I have odd sensations like someone is running cold fingers over my skin at random spots. Don't ask me what that is, I've decided I'm haunted!

New Threads

Top Bottom