• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recipe Exchange

Pita Bread

1 package yeast
1 1/8 cup warm water
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Preheat the oven to its highest temperature, about 500 or 550 degrees.
Combine the yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, and sugar. Let stand til, frothy, then mix with the oil. Combine the flour and salt. Mix with the yeast mixture. Add the remaining water, part of it at a time. Shape the dough into a ball, and knead it. (add more flour to aid in kneading, if needed. Ooh, the almost rhyme is tickling my ears :laugh:)
Make the dough into a tube, so as to easily divide it into eight pieces. Turn each piece into a ball. Roll each ball into a flat circle with a rolling pin until it is 1/4 inch thick. Let them sit and rise for a very short period, maybe five to ten minutes. Flip the pieces over onto a foil covered pan or cake rack. Flip them so that the side that was on the bottom is now exposed to air. This prevents a weird dry/moist inbalance.
Bake them in the oven for about 4 or 5 minutes. DO not let it cook for longer or it will burn!

These are really good with fried eggplant inside.

P.S. If anyone leaves out words such as "the," or omits pronouns nouns or other essential sentence-forming words or fails to write good sentences in their recipes, I will be very angry :furious:

Here is a recipe for Tzatziki sauce (which probably goes along nicely with Ste11aeres' Pita Bread above).

1/2 Cucumber chopped up (remove the seeds and skin)
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tbsp Chopped Dill
1 Chopped Garlic Clove (I use a garlic press)
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil

Mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl. Put the bowl in the refrigerator with a foil top for about 1/2 hour. Then its good as a dip or a topping for salads or gyros, falafel, etc...

Ooooh, this sounds good! I'm going shopping tomorrow, so I'll have to get the ingredients for yours and Stella's recipes.

Awesome! Yea its my favorite thing to use as a dip! By the way on all the 1/2 Tbsp its actually 1 Tbsp. I had a oops moment there haha but the rest is still correct. Enjoy!

New Threads

Top Bottom