• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

QUIZZES

tree

Blue/Green
Staff member
V.I.P Member
Sometimes I find quizzes and group them according to theme.

What interests me is evaluating how adequately I think they have covered the subject
or used a pleasing, approachable format,

If you take any of the quizzes and want to report
your experience (whether you like the way the quiz was designed/
what you'd change about it, if anything/whether the result seemed
accurate or plausible), say so here.

I am not talking about academic studies aka "serious research."
If you like to take quizzes and get a couple on a theme,
post them here.
Thanks.
:evergreen:

THEME = Can you tell fact from fiction?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/08/opinion/sunday/algorithm-human-quiz.html?_r=1
Can you tell whether a robot or a human wrote the material?

The Gullibility Test: Science and Nature
Can you tell which of the 10 statements are factual and which aren't?

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/524462/Are-you-easy-to-fool/
very poor. design adequate. result trivial.
many mis-spellings. "tward" "your" for "you're"
If this quiz was striving for mediocrity, it failed.
It did not attain that high a level.

Are You Easily Fooled? | myLifetime.com
I wasn't sure whether clicking in the general answer area was enough or
whether I really had to click on the small button in the answer area.
General area turned out to be good enough. Makes it work.
10 questions.
My result: Yes, sometimes I get fooled. True.

Ordinarily I make groups of 3,
but the 3rd one was so inferior
it didn't seem to count.
And I wanted to show a good one last.
That's why there are 4 this time.

What quizzes are you referencing? Have you posted links?

I like taking quizzes, and would enjoy sharing my findings and impressions.

Edit: Oh, there they are, posted right after I posted this reply. I'll try them later, when I'm taking a break.

I had time to do the Robot or Human writing quiz: I scored poorly, I think (3/8). There was no mention of what the purpose of the quiz was, except to suggest that it is hard to tell the difference. Leaving me to worry if I am anywhere near normal or completely clueless. I find that rather mean and unfair. Maybe most people would't worry about that, but it just creates more uncertainty for me. Honestly, I would have answered "human" for all of them, except I knew that some of them were written by computer, so made some guesses.

I had time to do the Robot or Human writing quiz: I scored poorly, I think (3/8). There was no mention of what the purpose of the quiz was, except to suggest that it is hard to tell the difference. Leaving me to worry if I am anywhere near normal or completely clueless. I find that rather mean and unfair. Maybe most people would't worry about that, but it just creates more uncertainty for me.

It isn't meant to detect anything personal.
The idea is to expose people to how Machine Generated text is progressing.

I put it in because it seemed to me to be a case of expectation/belief.
What a person expects from a human or believes a robot can do.
The fact that it's difficult to tell the difference is a positive result for the developers.

Oh, good, I'm glad there is some positive result for someone. Glad to be datum.

I guess I prefer quizzes that help me learn something about myself and spur an interest in the subject. In this case, there are plenty of humans writing stuff everyday, many of whom could use some cash. Why have a computer do it other than to eliminate labor costs?

Sorry, but that kind of stuff pisses me off.

Now the Gullibility test showed me something of interest; at least I know that I can be duped into thinking something might be true if I know nothing about the subject, or have simply forgotten some facts. If I'm interested, I can research for more information on what I didn't know.

In this case, I'm also glad that I am little gullible, rather than my old skeptical untrusting self.

I am much too cynical to be easily fooled, it seems. Didn't do so good with the robot vs. human one.

People get paid to read machine generated translations in order
to close the distance between human and machine text production.
They don't get paid much. I know. I have done it.

There was some irony in that, I thought. A robot can't judge (yet)
but a human can. So they paid humans to improve the machine's writing ability.

I did enjoy being part of the machine, though.

Gullible is a more recent addition to the dictionary than I would have supposed.
The very early 1800s.

I got 5 out of 8 on the robot/human one. I don't think this shows the improvement in robots as much as the decline in quality reporting by humans. Sometimes I read the news on the Google news app and find lots of errors and odd sentence structure.

I got 5 out of 8 on the robot/human one. I don't think this shows the improvement in robots as much as the decline in quality reporting by humans. Sometimes I read the news on the Google news app and find lots of errors and odd sentence structure.

There are some astonishingly poor writers around.
I think about who they may be and how much they are getting paid.
Some work may be crowdsourced.
I know I have read articles on-line that shrieked "Amazon paid me 5 cents for me to spend 4 minutes writing this"---
in their on-line sweat shop.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/08/opinion/sunday/algorithm-human-quiz.html?_r=1

Two wrong.. interesting

The Gullibility Test: Science and Nature

informative and fun. I got 5 wrong:oops: I still think that there is not enough evidence to support immortal turtles *grumble*

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/524462/Are-you-easy-to-fool/
??? Terrible premise and construction. Apparently I am Excellent at not being fooled, however I have no idea as to why

Are You Easily Fooled? | myLifetime.com

Apparently I am never fooled.... This is not true, I even answered one of the questions "do you get fooled by april fool pranks, as sometimes. I gave them direct evidence that I was clearly somewhat foolable yet the end rating conflicted with this. Have to say it is not a good quiz.

Those last two were totally pointless, and what the h&!! is a grafling hook? There were so many misspellings in the quotev quiz, I had to force myself to complete it.

In those two cases, I was infallibly skeptical, and I'm glad.

Those last two were totally pointless, and what the h&!! is a grafling hook? There were so many misspellings in the quotev quiz, I had to force myself to complete it.

In those two cases, I was infallibly skeptical, and I'm glad.

Yes, the quotev quiz was extremely poor.
I believe they mean 'grappling hook.'

The people who designed the last 2 quizzes presumably intended to make an instrument to
A. measure the degree to which a person can tell fact from fiction/is gullible or uninformed
B. amuse/pass the time
The fact that their instrument was poorly designed doesn't mean it was pointless. They were
successful in a limited way. The quotev quiz might be well received by children or the maker's
close acquaintances. I don't know how old the designer was.

I am left with a desire to continue filling out quizzes, i found the process very entertaining, I used to chastise my sister for partaking in, I think they were Cleo or cosmopolitan magazine quizzes, but now I see the appeal and the entertainment factor even a terrible quiz has. Great thread, I hope someone posts more or I will find some later.

I am left with a desire to continue filling out quizzes, i found the process very entertaining, I used to chastise my sister for partaking in, I think they were Cleo or cosmopolitan magazine quizzes, but now I see the appeal and the entertainment factor even a terrible quiz has. Great thread, I hope someone posts more or I will find some later.

I have more.
I am pacing myself.
Don't want to burn out (me or other people).
Want to give people a chance to look at what is here, so far.

I wish Tickle.com was still up and going, they had the best quizzes. Quizilla got abducted by Nickelodeon. Quiz Rocket is okay, but the ads annoy me even with Adblock Plus. Quibblo seems my best bet these days.

I wish Tickle.com was still up and going, they had the best quizzes. Quizilla got abducted by Nickelodeon. Quiz Rocket is okay, but the ads annoy me even with Adblock Plus. Quibblo seems my best bet these days.

I will keep those in mind.
I signed up with testq yesterday.
The one quiz I did there reminded me of Baron-Cohen.
The questions weren't at all silly.

hours later =
Help.
I have taken 2 Quizzes today on Quibblo.
Can't get any results.
I didn't see anything about having to join/register.
How do I get results?
Yes, I tried clicking on the place that says get results....

Last edited:
ColorQuiz.com - The free five minute personality test! A simple to do personality quiz.
Click on each of the 8 colors shown, in the order of the one you prefer...to the one you least prefer. Results---quite detailed regarding your goals and needs.

What Color Are You?10 questions. 9 choices per question, none of them stupid (stupid type question = What is my dog's name?). Pleasant non-intimidating format. I have kept a link to this for over a year. My result, every time is Green.

C_UngyAmf_S3KoTcSzs-gLzXfNA_FxdifrPM8FNd-TMD8s3Cs4NHDCwCHTcX7MpoTwZ5GEHM6qwG=s0-d-e1-ft

What's Your True Color? - TestQ
Well designed, 3 questions per page. 15 questions that reminded me of the Baron-Cohen Autism Screener. To view results, you need to register. I registered.
The home page = TestQ : The best career quiz site, period.

Some of my results:
"...you're a logical, practical person ruled more by your head than your heart. With your inquisitive mind and insatiable curiosity, you're probably a great problem solver. And you always gather all of the facts before coming to a timely, informed decision. Easily intrigued, you're constantly finding new ways to challenge your mind, You tend to see the difference between fact and opinion easily."

Some of the other quiz topics available here are: on-line IQ test, how ready are you for college, what motivates you. The 'True Color' Quiz is my first experience with these people. I expect to be doing more of their material.

Last edited:
Every time I visit this thread, I lose a few hours on quizzes. Heehee.

ColorQuiz.com is never nice to me. I like the deep, dark, bold colors like the blue, purple, and sea green. So it tells me that I'm clingy and need attention. The red, yellow, and orange are all in yucky shades to me, there are more flattering tones to use for red, yellow, and orange. :sweat:

You Are Blue 2015-05-14.gif

I am Blue. I get a lot of loyal and intuitive comments in lots of quizzes.

I got one for ya. Personal space: Personality Assessor | How Big Is Your Personal Bubble?
I scored "You want friendships that are extremely low in closeness. You scored in the 0th percentile, which means that you want closer relationships than 0% of other people who've taken this exam online." Goodness, I laughed on that one. I've never scored a 0% before!
They've got a few more interesting ones too.

I will keep those in mind.
I signed up with testq yesterday.
The one quiz I did there reminded me of Baron-Cohen.
The questions weren't at all silly.

hours later =
Help.
I have taken 2 Quizzes today on Quibblo.
Can't get any results.
I didn't see anything about having to join/register.
How do I get results?
Yes, I tried clicking on the place that says get results....
They have an evil little Adfly-esque waiting screen where you have to stare at a stupid ad for 22 seconds before the top right hand corner will say "show results". Unless they don't like your browser or something and it isn't displaying correctly?

New Threads

Top Bottom