• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Questioning my Aspergers

corrinnemcmahon

if I do have Aspergers it was completely missed as a child. I was quiet and odd, apparently. I can't get officially diagnosed. The only person who has ever taken me seriously is my therapist. My family are clueless on how not to invalidate me and my OCD (officially diagnosed) is off the charts. I feel everything and nothing. I'm exhausted with life being so serious. I'm meant to be starting a new volunteer job next Tuesday and I'm dreading it. Just venting, maybe should of put in on a blog post but didn't know if anyone would see it. Any comic relief would be appreciated...

Comic relieve? Not sure exactly what you mean but here, try this. At least it's odd, if not comic. I have been to this museum and they gave me a free magnet! I was an odd quiet kid, too. Still am, except I'm old.:rolleyes:

I'm not funny...

Here's someone who is :D
There are subtitles for anyone with auditory processing issues.

Last edited:
Venting is welcomed! I'm always extremely nervous before a new job so I feel for you. Maybe this will bring a smile...

fff2e5e0cd4206fbc5f55ffc97f4be48.jpg

1a264b5504985ed61be68ae2c44f416e.jpg

650ef10a6585977dfbf54e49aa808a33.jpg

b695d2b7efe9dd4c7412824292b0fcdd.jpg

83842d2cb97ed9b0064a908795f91e97.jpg

719a4f3b83eec61c87791622ce347851.jpg

if I do have Aspergers it was completely missed as a child. I was quiet and odd, apparently. I can't get officially diagnosed. The only person who has ever taken me seriously is my therapist. My family are clueless on how not to invalidate me and my OCD (officially diagnosed) is off the charts. I feel everything and nothing. I'm exhausted with life being so serious. I'm meant to be starting a new volunteer job next Tuesday and I'm dreading it. Just venting, maybe should of put in on a blog post but didn't know if anyone would see it. Any comic relief would be appreciated...
you had the challenges of having a female aspie presentation, on top of being from a time when parents werent aware of special needs and think of you as their perfect child everytime they think back through your childhood.

so it isnt that you dont have aspergers,more likely you do as you are logical enough to self diagnose without adding on traits you dont have [like some people unknowingly do] and you are here with us relating to autists,so that means your doing something right, you need to look for support outside your family i think until you get diagnosed-but a diagnosis isnt a fixall,your parents may still be in denial mode when you show them the letter and act like you were a normie throughout your whole childhood,so be prepared for that and find yourself a mentor.

as for your voluntary job,its normal for us especially to be afraid of change and new things,and if you add things like mental illness on top that makes it all the more harder to get yourself motivated, but remember you will be doing something for society,which is more than what a lot of skiving people will ever do [ie for example,check those people on channel 5s list of dole scrounging programmes].

New Threads

Top Bottom