• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proud Of My Niece

Riley

I am truly proud of my eight-year old niece. She managed to beat me at a video game three times! I've been trying to encourage her to be a little more competitive. Mainly because I desire a good challenge when I play with others.

My nephew has the opposite problem. He is too competitive and also a horrendous winner. He was playing Mario Kart at ours with his step sister (who had never played it before) and he beat her every race...and then really rubbed it in her face (he's 8, she's 7).

So, I said if he thought he was so good then he should play me (he doesn't think girls are good at games, because his half sister doesn't play video games and he doesn't know any other females who do.) I wiped the floor with him, and while he sat there shell shocked, I was as bad a winner as he was. He suddenly realised how he must have made his step sister feel.

My niece HATES it when I brag. Which, knowing me, isn't my worst quality. She's a complex little critter.

My niece HATES it when I brag. Which, knowing me, isn't my worst quality. She's a complex little critter.

Bragging isn't the worst thing in the world that someone can do, but my nephew was just really taking it too far. He did not enjoy a dose of his own medicine.

I kind of agree; I believe anyone with too-big-an-ego deserves to be knocked down a peg. Or hit by a bus. Depends on how I feel about them, really.

I always win at board games but I never mentioned it when I do, just, "okay the games over" because I'm always hoping people will want to play again. I hate it when occasionally someone else does win and has to make a big deal of it. 'Um you know you didn't actually win anything, right?' And that whole, loser cleans up! "Um no everybody cleans up..."

Isn't that what they call sportsminship?

New Threads

Top Bottom