• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Project: Autism Storys (autismstorys.com)

Autism Storys

• I want to tell the World my story!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I want to tell Users of the website my story!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I want to read the Storys!

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I don't want to use the Website.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It is a good idea.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I don't think this is a good idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timemachine

(The Project has started so i closed the Voting.)

http://autismstorys.com/

The website will only contain content made by autistic people.

It will also contain (as a side feature) products and the stories of the products created by autistic people, because we have many special interests.

If you are on the spectrum and want to use your special interests to help to build up this page, it'd be most appreciated. Here are some things I need:

• An Autism Storys LOGO.
  • icons (you can look at some web pages to see which icons are used).
  • default profile avatars (after creating a account, you have to choose or upload an avatar, so I need avatars. Be creative!).
  • Fonts (I will need fonts. One thing I can’t do is create fonts, so I need someone who can make them or I will have to use free fonts from the internet).
  • Design (I already have an idea how the website will look like, but I want to give you the chance to design something yourself).
  • Textures (a flat paper texture for the reading part or background textures).

You don’t have to be familiar with programming languages and it doesn’t have to be professional. You can draw something on a piece of paper and send it to me.
I can redraw it in a picture editing program. Or perhaps one of you may want to do this.
Be creative: just draw, write or code your ideas. I know 12 different programming languages., so just use your favorite programming language and I will translate it.

Everyone who helps to create something to build up the website will be listed in the publishing information.

Just send me an email: [email protected]
(the email will change to [email protected] later).

Last edited:
Maintaining a website can get expensive. Instead of no ads, why not have them but, only ads by people on the spectrum. We have artists, musicians, authors and more who do have a product to sell. We could pay a fee to place our banner on your site, and a larger fee if we need you to design the banner for us. You get advertising income and, it remains a 100% ASD site - win, win.:)

Maintaining a website can get expensive. Instead of no ads, why not have them but, only ads by people on the spectrum. We have artists, musicians, authors and more who do have a product to sell. We could pay a fee to place our banner on your site, and a larger fee if we need you to design the banner for us. You get advertising income and, it remains a 100% ASD site - win, win.:)

This is brilliant.
But on the condition that they write a story to the product. And it will become a separate section on the website.
I don't like banners on a website. And I think if there is a story to the product it can be more attractive for people.
Everything is Possible because i will use my own Framework.

I have started working on my own Website Framework one year ago. It will take a wile to get the Framework finished (maybe 1 month).

The Domain is only 12$ per Year. And i have a web server (normal it cost 6$ per Month) for free. This is enough space for the moment. My Framework can handle 137.231.006.679 Users and infinit viewers. The problem is the Server. I am not sure how many traffic the server can handle. I will ask the server admins.
If the server get slow I will need donations to Upgrade the server.

And I will need someone who can correct my english on the Website. This page will be in two languages. German and English.

Last edited:
Now i entered the following command in the Terminal:

mkdir Documents/Development/Web/autismstorys

("mkdir" is the command to create a folder)

Don't know why, but a new project have to start in the Terminal.
But the Folder will be empty till i am finished with the framework.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's going to be a great site, a stories only and, a product produced by people on the spectrum that visitors can buy and, read the stories about those product and/or the person that either invented, created and/or produces the product.

Personal stories relating to the product are a great marketing tool as well, for example, my albums that have short, one paragraph tour stories or a band member's mini bio sell, on average, 35% more copies than those without a story so, that will help sales as well.

I can build up the entire website completely by my own. But I don't want to.

Because I want to give you the chance to be part of this Project.
And everyone who do something for this Project (like designing a logo) will be listed on the publishing information page.

Here are some thinks you can do:

- design a Logo
- design icons (there will be a long list of icons i need)
- draw up a design for the website (Maybe on a Paper, with Picture editing Programs or right in CSS and JavaScript)
- send ideas (features you want to see)
- or maybe create a Font by you own

More details will be postet on the website. I am still waiting for the server admins to include the domain. I will let you know when I create the list and the Email address.

Last edited:
And I will need someone who can correct my english on the Website. This page will be in two languages. German and English.
I volunteer for this :D I am a proofreader and translator, I also speak German - let me know if I can help.

I would also contribute to the stories on the site.

The first content has been Uploaded on http://autismstorys.com/.
The Framework is still not finished so I have written a simple HTML file. Now there are some Informations about the website and how you can get involved.

The Domain is still not configured so I have another solution for now. The domain shows up autismstorys.andrekliewer.de.
To configure the @autismstorys.com Mails I need the Domain to be configured so I have created [email protected].

I will keep you Updated.

I have edited the first message and closed the Voting because the Project has just started.

Last edited:
Now my Framework is (still not finished but) stable.
Just need to do some last tests. (I hate it when something incalculable happens)

Speed Tests, Worst case tests...
Because my Framework is Intelligent and can calculate Mistakes. That means: The Framework know, if someone deletes the whole Users Database, it is a Mistake and the Framework will upload the latest Backup.

So there will be more functions very soon. I will include the publishing information and something like a guestbook.

And I want to say: Thank you!
Your Posts make me so happy and give me so much energy.

And a Spezial thank's to Progster and Wab! They help me with english gramma and spelling.

And NOW is the Time to be part of the Project. You can write me everything!

[email protected]

My Math Teacher told us (ø every 2. Lesson): "Wrong ideas doesn't exist!". Now I understand what he meant.
Everything you send to me even if it doesn't matches with the current setup, it can cause some other ideas. And maybe the other ideas causes me to change the setup to make it match.

(Maybe someone who may know what I mean to describe it better? Cant find good words (not even in German))

Last edited:
Okay. Now I have a big Problem...

My Web-hoster will shutdown all Free-hosting Servers.
That means: I have no server anymore.

And I have never seen a Free-hosting service like this.
I will search for Alternatives...

Done.

A Friend of mine gave me some space on his server.
That was yesterday. Now everything is finally configured.
All my Domains, Emails, Websites, Database's ... ... ...
Now I'll eat a bowl of milk and cereal.

http://autismstorys.com

Be patient, new content will be uploaded very soon (maybe Tuesday. Tomorrow I have to regenerate).

In my Framework are some Problems with timezones. This can take a while. Because I use the Time very often for generating like User ID's ore Random numbers...
Have to check the whole system.

And I'll need the Autism Story's LOGO. Maybe someone who want to design something?
You can draw something on a piece of paper or with Photoshop, Gimp and so on...

[email protected]

Last edited:
Okay, everything seems to be fixed. Tomorrow I will install the framework on my Raspberry Pi to run some final test's (I hope)...

New Threads

Top Bottom