• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pokemon Go!

I'm not offended..I just don't see why you would feel the need to tell us you hate Pokemon Go on this thread. I wouldn't even bother to make the effort of posting on this thread if I didn't like the game, because there are people who obviously do and I'd leave them to it. Your opinion brings nothing to this thread. Like I said, if it had been a thread about what people thought of the game, then your comment would have been warranted and useful to the discussion.

None of us are the same. While we share some things, ultimately no two people on the spectrum will be the same.

I was hoping people would agree with me, and without reading the thread just the title I was expecting mutual loathing for a social fad, which on the whole I generally hate. Clearly my expectations were too high in this case.

I was hoping people would agree with me, and without reading the thread just the title I was expecting mutual loathing for a social fad, which on the whole I generally hate. Clearly my expectations were too high in this case.

Clearly you should read a thread first ;)

On an actual Pokemon Go related note, I'm enjoying the introduction of gen 2, but all the new Pokemon to catch means I have rapidly run out of Pokeballs :(

Clearly you should read a thread first ;)

On an actual Pokemon Go related note, I'm enjoying the introduction of gen 2, but all the new Pokemon to catch means I have rapidly run out of Pokeballs :(
Luckily I've been hoarding balls for awhile, but yeah, my supply is rapidly dwindling. Time to make a ball run!

This requires leaving the house though!
True, I usually do my Pokestop runs from the comfort of my car. If I drive slow enough thru a bunch in a parking lot I can even hatch eggs from my car. Oh, my couch in my living room is a Pokemon spawning ground. :grinning:

True, I usually do my Pokestop runs from the comfort of my car. If I drive slow enough thru a bunch in a parking lot I can even hatch eggs from my car. Oh, my couch in my living room is a Pokemon spawning ground. :grinning:

We used to be able to get every single Pokestop from our house to the city centre while on the bus...but now the speed limit has put an end to that. It would mean that we could go out once a week to see my friend with no Pokeballs, and come home with 150+

We're pretty lucky with spawns in our house too. There's a stream behind us and we have a pretty constant supply of Magikarp!

We used to be able to get every single Pokestop from our house to the city centre while on the bus...but now the speed limit has put an end to that. It would mean that we could go out once a week to see my friend with no Pokeballs, and come home with 150+

We're pretty lucky with spawns in our house too. There's a stream behind us and we have a pretty constant supply of Magikarp!
Cool, I have to walk my Magicarp, I live in the desert.

I tried to go out when the game was new but hordes of teenagers were staying around their gyms and protecting them from other people and since I was alone I just high tailed it out of there... Got to go once in January though and nobody was around to heckle me... I wish walking around to do it was a possibility for me but I'm not really in the right area and have a small kid so I only get to be drover around on occasion for pokestops but just do most of my catching out of the house... If more restaurants and stores become partners it'll be better, I about flipped when I saw Starbucks as a pokestop for the first time! :3

I've just started out with it. It's fun so far but I'm a bit socially phobic and last time I made the mistake of smiling at the wrong guy and got hassled. Trying to work up the courage to go out again :coldsweat:

I've just started out with it. It's fun so far but I'm a bit socially phobic and last time I made the mistake of smiling at the wrong guy and got hassled. Trying to work up the courage to go out again :coldsweat:

I don't ever go anywhere on my own so that's not a problem. I find that in my city at least, there aren't that many people obviously playing it, compared to when it first came out.

Run away from everyone!
No that's not the answer, well sometimes...

I tried playing it out in the country where my dad lives, big forest, pond, Creek, no stores , very few people, but there were just NO pokemon out there... after about a half hour I gave up and turned,my phone off, seems pokemon are only in places where there's buildings,houses and stores and such

I played a lot when it came out, and fell off after the app changes, but I'm starting to get into it again. Most times the prospect of leveling still isn't enough to make me leave the house, though.

IMG_5701.PNG

This is currently my army so far on Pokémon go, currently level 28 using the same username.

As for Tyranitar, many of us if not most of us dont have him I looked him up and find out he is just an over glorified Rhydon that has a higher cp cap than dragonite with water being easy weakness, just pull out vaporeon or Gyridos with hydropump and its an easy win. Dragonite is still harder to take down and requires ice fairy or dragon to take down while Tyranitar just like Rhydon who is easier to get weak to just water.

Last edited:
There is a water Pokémon special event going until the 29th. I live in the desert and am catching all sorts of water regional Pokes.

There is a water Pokémon special event going until the 29th. I live in the desert and am catching all sorts of water regional Pokes.
Oh that's what that is! I saw some water pokemon I'd never seen before and was like! "Omg wtf erbergerberderb!!!!!" Now I have to go out to the outside! :eek:

I want a Dewgong, it's SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom