• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pokemon Go!

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
This game is addicting, and in a way has revolutionized the world and also is a benefit to the autistic community by allowing our obsessions to get us out of the house and socialize even with NTs who like pokemon! Go Team Valor go!

Be sure to volunteer at your local animal shelters! Those poor dogs can get exercise while you hunt. Who knows, you might just find the best friend you will ever know in the process!

I wouldn't consider this a "special interest" (although I wonder why) but it's sure as heck taken up a lot of time lately and given me a lot of energy that I normally never have :D

Don't really know anything about Pokemon but I really appreciate being able to just go out and immediately have "something to do" while being out, rather than have to go to the trouble of finding something to do to make going out justifiable.

I'm on team mystic and yeah I have found this game to have help me go out more and made my walking more enjoyable though I'm yet to catch pikachu:(

I'm also on team Valor, so far found 1 pikachu just out of luck but still needs to find tons more to be able to evolve those. I tend to enjoy the gym battles on there to try dominate the gym. Mainly use Wigglytuff to defeat a lot of the pokemon and tend to use last. However, I tend to put up my high level hypno while defending the gym.

I started playing 2 days ago, I know it is supposed to be all about getting out and about but I catch more pokemon within 15 minutes at home than an hour of walking, so it's not helping my fitness like I hoped it would :joycat:
I'm team Valor, not that it really makes any difference as there are no gyms within walking distance of me.
Just got a pickachu and a dratini.

I only *really* started playing recently because prior to this past weekend I had some setting on my phone (having "Mock Locations Enabled") that was preventing things from loading and I didn't know why the map seemed so empty.

It's pretty cool, though it deviates quite a bit from the originals which I would say was definitely a special interest of mine back when they first came out in the late 90s through early/mid 2000s.

I came across this article which I thought was worth mentioning. Sure, it is speculative at best, but a hypothesis worth looking into.
How Pokémon Go Might Actually Be Helping Kids With Autism

I play the game, caught a few Pokemon, but I find it uses all my data up, for the last 2 months I've had a Gig a month of data from the EE Network, and it's been all gone within 3 weeks from playing Pokemon Go and also watching YouTube videos.

I dont get Kangaskhan in my area but I do get Tauros and can always hatch Kangaskhan from a 5k egg, same with far fetched and mr mime.

I managed to get enough magicarps to get a strong gyridos and evolved an omastar with high cp as well as a kabutops!

I dont get Kangaskhan in my area but I do get Tauros and can always hatch Kangaskhan from a 5k egg, same with far fetched and mr mime.
Yeah I heard kangaskhan can only be caught in Australia and I know that I won't be able to get a Tauros since it's a North American only Pokemon but maybe I could have one hatch from a egg.

I caught a high level exeggutor and snorlax. Im team mystic. 1 more candy to evolve my pikachu and 23 more for my 9 tails. So far I have caught, evolved or hatched 92 different pokemons.

Yeah I heard kangaskhan can only be caught in Australia and I know that I won't be able to get a Tauros since it's a North American only Pokemon but maybe I could have one hatch from a egg.
Yeah hell hatch from a 5k egg same with mr mime i got neither yet just oddishes and moewths but maybe ill luck out!Caught a 1065 cp Tauros near my house last weeked so I was happy!

New Threads

Top Bottom