• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please, help me solve this riddle!

J. Ann

"It's what you've got when you are lost, it's what you get when you're confused, it's what you're left with when things go wrong, but only when the slang is used."

The person who asked me doesn't know that answer and I can't figure it out, too. Does anyone have a suggestion? :)

I have a "sinking feeling" that you will get it.

....Unless the answer you are thinking of is "Titanic", I don't think get it.

I was thinking the answer could be "nothing", but that doesn't really have anything to do with your clue. Do you think it's "sadness"?

The answer is "a sinking feeling" that is what you have for all three of those. It's despair , overwhelmed, etc, in slang. I had the concept explained to me when I was very young, because someone said that they had a sinking feeling when they were obviously not sinking into anything. I was informed it meant they felt bad about the possible outcome which later in life I can call by it's actual names such as despair, overwhelmed, hopeless, helpless, depressed, anxious, etc.

To break it down:

It's what you've got when you are lost: when you're lost you feel helpless, turned around, don't know how you are going to get out, anxious, and overwhelmed, etc

it's what you get when you're confused: when you are confused you feel helpless, overwhelmed, anxious, don't know what to do how to do it or when.

it's what you're left with when things go wrong: you don't understand why things went bad, you feel helpless, hopeless, overwhelmed, depressed.

Most people feel the same way for all three of those scenarios and the common slang for those feelings when they are combined are "a sinking feeling" people say they have a sinking feeling. Thus where the statements came from that its what you get, got, and left with. A feeling.

I would question why your friend gave you a riddle they had no answer to. I may be cynical in nature, but this one screams malicious intent.

Last edited by a moderator:
To break it down:

It's what you've got when you are lost: when you're lost you feel helpless, turned around, don't know how you are going to get out, anxious, and overwhelmed, etc

it's what you get when you're confused: when you are confused you feel helpless, overwhelmed, anxious, don't know what to do how to do it or when.

it's what you're left with when things go wrong: you don't understand why things went bad, you feel helpless, hopeless, overwhelmed, depressed.

Most people feel the same way for all three of those scenarios and the common slang for those feelings when they are combined are "a sinking feeling" people say they have a sinking feeling. Thus where the statements came from that its what you get, got, and left with. A feeling.

I would question why your friend gave you a riddle they had no answer to. I may be cynical in nature, but this one screams malicious intent.

Thanks! That sounds like a much better answer then what we were able to come up with. My friend found it online, but the website didn't have the answer. She asked me to help her figure it out.

Hello,
Coming nearly 9 years after the battle, but if this riddle is from Heroes of Might and Magic 2, the answer the Sphinx is waiting for is "glory". I don't find it very convincing but it worked for me.

++

New Threads

Top Bottom