• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not sure what's real and what I've made up

Adder1234

I haven't posted for a while because I've been really busy and I've been feeling pretty good lately, but recently I had a thought that I haven't been able to work out. I'm starting to wonder if my brain has thought up a lot of the problems that I think I have to make other people take pity on me and make up for my lack of human interaction and kinship. I'm still sure that I have aspergers, but I''m confused about my anxiety and depression, I can't even remember if I ever felt them at all now. Any else ever had similar thoughts or problems?

I wonder that too sometimes, if my brain made up issues that I had with others. But I don't think so. Even if I don't remember How I felt, I still remember that it was strong and felt bad. Depressing interactions with others often exist in intangibles. Like, I know I'd get attacked by 50 psychiatrists for saying this but: my worst interactions with others aren't because of what they said, or even did. They are from their thinking! The crippling projections they put out into my environment, the way they insist that me and my family are a CERTAIN way.

If you're catching a break from all that right now in your life, just enjoy it! The anxiety and depression will return again, and hopefully incite you to move forward again.

Actually, finding a way of moving forward without the anxiety and depression would work even better.

For myself; No pity required or desired and just can't be around those types of individuals.

Get yourself something to do, get good at it, share it with others, teach it to others. That course of action will get you out of your head and looking at yourself and the world from new vantage points.

I just
I haven't posted for a while because I've been really busy and I've been feeling pretty good lately, but recently I had a thought that I haven't been able to work out. I'm starting to wonder if my brain has thought up a lot of the problems that I think I have to make other people take pity on me and make up for my lack of human interaction and kinship. I'm still sure that I have aspergers, but I''m confused about my anxiety and depression, I can't even remember if I ever felt them at all now. Any else ever had similar thoughts or problems?
i just remembered a quote 'the Jews survived because they kept Shabbath (shobbos) the truth is the Jews survived because shabbath kept the Jews
the important part is REST staying still in a safe place

I've just started to try staying still so i wont make the pain i suffer worse
i feel better for it .
rest can be :going for a walk, reading a book ,listening to music- i find clair de lune by debussy is good

New Threads

Top Bottom