• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

None of "U"

I enjoyed a little fall promenade in the woods with my dog behind my place. I never need to worry of a chance meeting with anyone else. I enjoy the solitude and the early fall smells and freshness. I was hoping to find Chanterelles, alas, I think it is too early yet.

I enjoyed a little fall promenade in the woods with my dog behind my place. I never need to worry of a chance meeting with anyone else. I enjoy the solitude and the early fall smells and freshness. I was hoping to find Chanterelles, alas, I think it is too early yet.

'enjoy being solitary'....maybe? :)

Only if edited before the next player posts.

The little girl/insect avatar is very sweet. What does it reference?

I meant, too late to edit after someone else posted as they have already seen the mistakes. So in my mind, it is as if I was cheating.

"Cheating" is not possible.
Mistakes are possible.
Errors are correctable. :)

Go ahead and copy Post #61
and post with a correction.

Discovering an error & correcting it
is the best way to increase one's
awareness of parameters. :)

All right, let's try this again:

I enjoyed a little fall promenade in the woods with my dog behind my place. I never need to worry of a chance meeting with anyone else. I enjoy the sense of isolation and the early fall smells and freshness. I was hoping to find Chanterelles, alas, I think it is too early yet.

The way I have been playing this game, I am certain there will be a lot of re-dos. ;)

The mother of my mother's brother's wife took the children into the woods, searching for the tasty morsels which grow in the damp, dark loam. She did some kind of botanical work for Mead Paper, probably was more intimate with the far north Michigan woods than my ecology professors were.

She also [strike]introduced[/strike] showed the kids [to] wintergreen berries. What a treat, to dig them from a fall snow, and eat them cold.

Last edited:
Turanga Veela

"She also introduced the kids to wintergreen berries."
Maybe she 'showed' them?

I have never seen winterberries.
Nobody has ever shown me any.

Have grown a large crop of salad vegetables, they all seem to be ripening on the vines at the same time. Now I have three large edible green cylindrical vegetables that I have to eat this week. Might pickle some perhaps.

I grew some dill this year thinking I'd have some
of those long green items to pickle.

It looks as if I will have to get them by exchanging
money for them, since there are so few in the
garden.

All of the vine crops this year with the exception of the long green ones died. There were not that many, two orange halloween vegetables, two crookneck vines and two yellow things that are called pattypan, a mold seems to have taken over and decided that it didn't like them. Now I have only the long green vegetables, along with the carrots and beets and herbs. Like the smell of dill, it goes well with so many foods. Was hoping to have some orange or yellow long-keeping vegetables for the winter.

Last night the peaches looked perfect.
This morning there was black mold 2 inches long
on some of them. More than half were entirely
intact and the rest were weird looking.
I salvaged those.

There is a finite batch of peaches in the freezer now.
The chickens got the scraps.
I got more than the chickens.

We have had frost already. People's vegetable gardens wilted. Some strong-leafed greens made it, however many other vine type of plants did not.

Heavy frost last night.
The clothes I left on the line had patches of
frost on them. They weren't frozen stiff.
Limp and frosty.

I haven't seen the local large bird herd today.
Maybe they will show themselves this evening, marching
along the road, pecking at the gravel and whatever
it is they are finding to eat.

I hope the birds show themselves.

My gas central heater has died. I will have to agonize for an entire day when the workers come to replace it. Strangers in my home! The horror!

Then the agony will be ongoing as I pay for it.

There are twenty-two of them this year.
They cross the road, one by one.
Methodically.
The last one scoots, fast, like he doesn't
want to be left behind.

New Threads

Top Bottom