• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member today...

Ian Windsor

Hi, Just like to introduce myself - I live in South Lincolnshire, England.I am self diagnosed and exhibit many traits of the "Aspie" more good than bad I would like to think. I am self employed, my condition is ideal for my work because I am so particular with every detail that it at least means I am fairly successful.Would like to get to know other Aspies particularly in my area.

upload_2017-6-19_18-50-23.png

Hi Ian... I am also a self diagnosed Aspie, in western Canada... I'm generally well adjusted and am fully employed, have always been employed... I'm more just exploring what being an Aspie means for me...

Hello Ian. My psychologist highly suspects I have Asperger's and even before I started visiting him I kind of self-diagnosed myself. I live in the US. I work as a programmer for a small business and it's a wonder I've even kept this job for so long, I have absolutely no common sense. I'm not very well-adjusted, but I'm exploring. It's a jungle out there!

I hardly ever had any friends and I often behave like a 5-year-old child inside a 30-year-old man's body. I feel so lost a lot of the time, always worried about everything. I feel like I've wasted half of my life on my mental and social struggles. I'm not very good at expressing sympathy but I really do care about people (sometimes too much).

You've made the right choice by joining this community, it'll help all of us explore and find more and more people we have in common with. I've been surrounded by all NT's up to this point and have always thought of myself as one of a kind. People always thought I was weird. I've been made fun of and bullied. In most cases my anxieties drive me (and others, I'd hate to admit) just up the wall crazy. Nobody in my family is on the spectrum and I sometimes just wonder if I'm adopted or something. I've never had a girlfriend and I've never dated in my entire life.

Anyway this is just a brief self-summary, I come with an instruction manual. Welcome to AC Ian! :)

Hi, It's just a condition, most humans have something wrong with them.Its how you deal with it that matters, good luck.

Hello Ian. My psychologist highly suspects I have Asperger's and even before I started visiting him I kind of self-diagnosed myself. I live in the US. I work as a programmer for a small business and it's a wonder I've even kept this job for so long, I have absolutely no common sense. I'm not very well-adjusted, but I'm exploring. It's a jungle out there!

I hardly ever had any friends and I often behave like a 5-year-old child inside a 30-year-old man's body. I feel so lost a lot of the time, always worried about everything. I feel like I've wasted half of my life on my mental and social struggles. I'm not very good at expressing sympathy but I really do care about people (sometimes too much).

You've made the right choice by joining this community, it'll help all of us explore and find more and more people we have in common with. I've been surrounded by all NT's up to this point and have always thought of myself as one of a kind. People always thought I was weird. I've been made fun of and bullied. In most cases my anxieties drive me (and others, I'd hate to admit) just up the wall crazy. Nobody in my family is on the spectrum and I sometimes just wonder if I'm adopted or something. I've never had a girlfriend and I've never dated in my entire life.

Anyway this is just a brief self-summary, I come with an instruction manual. Welcome to AC Ian! :)

Hi, We as humans are all different that's what makes the world a good place.I'm sorry you have had the problems and feel the way you do.However it's a good start if you can identify you problems and try and correct them one at a time.I have made a list of the good and bad things I have to offer.With the bad thingsI have identified the things that I can work on and change, starting with the easiest things first.I have OCD and so creating order is paramount.I am just starting out on this journey but recognising your problems are a good start.

New Threads

Top Bottom