• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here, looking for support :)

Jet Weiss

Incurably Weird
Hi, my name is Jet (actual name, I get asked about it a lot), I have Asperger's and I am struggling with a lot of other things. I recently came out as gay even though I'm pretty sure everyone already knew that I was.
I lost my dad six months ago and my mum has started dating again. My mum and dad were not on good terms with each other and their situation was really complicated. I can not let go of my good memories of my dad but my mum really hated him. I am extremely close with my mum as well but there has been some tension in our relationship because of our differing opinions of my dad and we are coping with the loss in very different ways. Her current boyfriend also has a very negative view of my dad.

I have been bullied my whole life and I have had almost no success making friends. People think I'm very weird and awkward and I don't share a lot of common interests with the general population. I have no one to talk to and I am lonely. I have a lot of anxiety as well.
My dad was from Germany and my mum is (Faroese) Danish. I feel very connected to my culture and I think that is sometimes off-putting for people. I know that I come on too strong with a lot of the topics I talk about/am interested in and they just seem to most people like obsessions.

I'm sorry for rambling... I hope I can get some support here and hopefully meet people who are similar to me.
Jet W.

welcome jet IM a child of divorce but my mother (IM hyperventilating trying to communicate this memory )is dead!!!!!!!
IM English so IM influenced by my culture but autism is a very strong influence if you try to explain about h.f.a /Aspergers be careful neurotypicals or not autistic people can be very harsh in their response.
the part about homosexuality is not something I'll be able to discuss.
do you have meetups at a mental health charity in your country as you might benefit especially for autism! .
societys for autism are generally geared toward parents so not much for those with autism

Hey Jet,

You shouldn't have to compromise the way you see your deceased father for your mom or her boyfriends. You can reflect on him any time privately, whether your opinions of him stay the same, get even better, or you find you do have criticisms. Either way, you'll be honoring him/loving him. Where it seems your mother has stopped/is incapable of doing that. No worries. Your dad just might not be a topic you and her can relate on. It gave me great relief once to realize that I could form my own, private, reasonable views on things by observing them, that no one could take through manipulation. Less lonely too. Welcome here!

welcome.png

New Threads

Top Bottom