• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New devastating insights-AspiesCentral has already helped so much

It's easy to forget how lucky we are to know why we are different.

In many cases we have successfully broken confusion and dismay that has affected our families for generations, and who knows how far back.

But now we know that all stops with us, as we can teach our kids how to deal with the world.

That's been a big motivator for me to diagnose and alleviate my problems and I often think; "The problems stop with me".

Interesting tangent;
In my genetic data I found I have a susceptibility to an illness that is thought to have been prevalent in the Vikings, and I have 9% of my English DNA is from Scandinavia, presumably from the time Jorvik (York) was capital of England.

Maybe I have autistic (or Dimensionally Intense Thinkers ;)) in my ancetry who were Vikings.

Maybe that's why there were so pissed off all the time, and maybe England was full of NTs :D

It's helped me understand why my chosen career didn't fit. (IT support). I own other people's problems to the point I feel their pain as much as them. So every day all I felt was stress and a bad day when your technology doesnt work.

Exactly the same for me. Owning other people's problems and perfectionism nearly killed me--first as a lawyer and then as a consultant helping business owners with financial problems. When failing at your job means that your client will likely file for bankruptcy, lose their house, etc., I can see why I was approaching a near-suicidal level of burnout. I just this week landed a job as a market research director for a real estate firm -- I get to do research on finance and economics and real estate, and then write about it. The job doesn't pay like a big law firm or consulting firm job would, but it doesn't sound like work to me! And now I might live to see my boys grow up....

Also @full-steam I hope things worked out with that house you might rent

you did the right thing my mam(mom,mother)was always shattered that seems to be the motor neurone disease sufferer requisite
and being a solicitor was what tipped it over the edge
the suicide rate for solicitors is huge

New Threads

Top Bottom