• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New and free to talk to others like me

Pariah Dog

About me. I am a 31 year old male from Alberta, Canada. Just got out of a very bad relationship (I thought of it like more of an oppressive regime of 8 years) a couple months ago and have hit the reset button on life.

I am not officially diagnosed with Aspergers that I know of, but its occurred to me that my parents maybe just never told me. I learned about the condition in adulthood and my childhood made a lot more sense after the fact. I would say as a kid I was a solid example of 80% of the usual conditions. I was sent to see guidance Councillors often in school and was once sent to a University Psychology department for a study, in which I was afterwards told I was "normal" (as if).

To try and not drag this out too long. The picking at my brain stopped at about 10 years old. With adolescence I became awkward as you might expect and speech started becoming difficult for no reason I can explain. No one at all had anything other than ridicule for it. That has improved greatly but not entirely. Some people out here just think I have an Eastern Canadian accent which I accept as better than it being known as some sort of condition. Dating has ranged anywhere from N/A to "disaster" but I can share that in the dating section.

Through it all I have adapted very well and no one can even tell of my condition, most think me only slightly odd. I have only told my ex who at first she was full of ridicule but later understanding. Also to a close friend couple who I'm not sure entirely believe me. I have read that it's possible to outgrow much of it which would about sum me up I think.

Good to be here among some similarly strange folks.

Welcome from a fellow Albertan, I live in Calgary... Also self diagnosed, I'm 45 though

Fortunately I've had no experiences with the mental health system to mess me up even more...

Hello p
About me. I am a 31 year old male from Alberta, Canada. Just got out of a very bad relationship (I thought of it like more of an oppressive regime of 8 years) a couple months ago and have hit the reset button on life.

I am not officially diagnosed with Aspergers that I know of, but its occurred to me that my parents maybe just never told me. I learned about the condition in adulthood and my childhood made a lot more sense after the fact. I would say as a kid I was a solid example of 80% of the usual conditions. I was sent to see guidance Councillors often in school and was once sent to a University Psychology department for a study, in which I was afterwards told I was "normal" (as if).

To try and not drag this out too long. The picking at my brain stopped at about 10 years old. With adolescence I became awkward as you might expect and speech started becoming difficult for no reason I can explain. No one at all had anything other than ridicule for it. That has improved greatly but not entirely. Some people out here just think I have an Eastern Canadian accent which I accept as better than it being known as some sort of condition. Dating has ranged anywhere from N/A to "disaster" but I can share that in the dating section.

Through it all I have adapted very well and no one can even tell of my condition, most think me only slightly odd. I have only told my ex who at first she was full of ridicule but later understanding. Also to a close friend couple who I'm not sure entirely believe me. I have read that it's possible to outgrow much of it which would about sum me up I think.

Good to be here among some similarly strange folks.
hello pariah dog glad you DIDNT give your real name on the avatar or picture you just DONT know who's reading this
wish id thought of that name WOULDNT have used it
i WOULDNT receive any kindness for having it
IM from n.e.England

welcome.png

Thanks for the welcomes. I've chosen the name based on an opening lyric from one of my favorite Rush songs "Far Cry."

"Pariah dogs and wondering madmen, barking at strangers and speaking in tongues..."

It long ago prompted me to look up what a "Pariah dog" is and when I learned about it, I thought it sounds like a fitting name to use as a handle in the future. Many years later here I am.

New Threads

Top Bottom