• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need to share to understand

GaliSaviere

Hi,

I am GaliSaviere. I have wondered for a long time why I feel like everybody looks like they know what everything is about whereas i get lost on the way.
I have found a few answers. I have self-diagnosed myself as an aspie woman. Having this answer helped me for a while. But it only got me little bit further.
Most of the people around me just think I'm a bit weird. Some friends know I feel disconnected. And one friend has helped me the last few years to get better. We used to work together so I could count on him any where and any time I felt lost.
Now, he works far and I only see him on weekends. And even if we talk, neither of us like the telephone.
It is getting hard to communicate. I have regressed since we stopped working together and he gets angry because he feels that I'm not trying hard enough.
I get depressed. I've tried to tidy up but I've lost my marks.

I feel lost and alone. And I need help. Even if it's just strangers. At least, you get how hard it can get.

First of all, welcome. I hope you find all the advice and support you need to get back on top of the world on our forums. What follows is advice based on some assumptions I made reading your text. If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

That being said, I hope you're in a position to get some professional help as well. Having self-diagnosed might explain to you why you feel the way you do, but if you feel disconnected and lonely all the same, you sound like you could use a little more help. Knowing why you are the way you are sadly doesn't help you cope with all the ups and downs that come with the disorder.

Hope I don't give off too much of a hippie vibe saying this:
Feeling alone as an aspie is all too common, but it doesn't have to be that way. Embrace the weirdness that makes you unique, maybe make a list of all the things you're good at that might be perceived weird by others (for example, I have a phenomenal long term memory for random facts while my short term memory is terrible. People might think I'm weird or annoying for remembering stuff I read 15 years ago and for being a know-it-all in class, but I'm a force to be reckoned with at Trivia and tests). Having interests is cool, whether they're popular or not.
I hope you might feel less disconnected once you try to let go of all the ways you don't fit in and instead try to open up to people about things you're interested in.
Maybe attend a class in social aptitude, if you feel uncomfortable making small talk and such classes are available to you.

I've lost most of my friends in the last decade because I felt disconnected and alone, but since I've embraced myself for who I am and started working on my social skills and putting myself out there, no matter how scary it is, I've found a wonderful group of new friends that love me for my weirdness.

I hope any of this advice is helpful (or hopeful) to you, and if not, that's cool too, I'll listen ;)

First of all, welcome. I hope you find all the advice and support you need to get back on top of the world on our forums. What follows is advice based on some assumptions I made reading your text. If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

That being said, I hope you're in a position to get some professional help as well. Having self-diagnosed might explain to you why you feel the way you do, but if you feel disconnected and lonely all the same, you sound like you could use a little more help. Knowing why you are the way you are sadly doesn't help you cope with all the ups and downs that come with the disorder.

Hope I don't give off too much of a hippie vibe saying this:
Feeling alone as an aspie is all too common, but it doesn't have to be that way. Embrace the weirdness that makes you unique, maybe make a list of all the things you're good at that might be perceived weird by others (for example, I have a phenomenal long term memory for random facts while my short term memory is terrible. People might think I'm weird or annoying for remembering stuff I read 15 years ago and for being a know-it-all in class, but I'm a force to be reckoned with at Trivia and tests). Having interests is cool, whether they're popular or not.
I hope you might feel less disconnected once you try to let go of all the ways you don't fit in and instead try to open up to people about things you're interested in.
Maybe attend a class in social aptitude, if you feel uncomfortable making small talk and such classes are available to you.

I've lost most of my friends in the last decade because I felt disconnected and alone, but since I've embraced myself for who I am and started working on my social skills and putting myself out there, no matter how scary it is, I've found a wonderful group of new friends that love me for my weirdness.

I hope any of this advice is helpful (or hopeful) to you, and if not, that's cool too, I'll listen ;)
You are so very sweet.
I don't like doctors. I tend to hide. I used to see someone and he was very good. I never could tell him.

I do have friends who like my weirdness. But I used to have a husband. I left him because he made me miserable. He hoped it would make me need him too much to leave him.

It does feel good to talk with people like me.

Welcome aboard! :)
This can be a wonderful and helpful community if you get "involved" and post.
Welcome to the family.
There is a chat room that seems to vary in occupancy, where one might chat live. Many sections and forums, which I hope you will find helpful.
Best wishes
IMG_6228.PNG

New Threads

Top Bottom