• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My week... Pushing myself too hard?

If there's one thing I'm sure we'll agree on, it's that someone may look composed, but be going through utter chaos inside (at least I do, as an Aspie trying to survive in an NT world). But you know what? I have a feeling a lot of people do that, spectrum or not.

I've been guilty of setting up goals that, looking back, were not realistic with what I could bear, and I've felt guilty about it too.
But as you said: outside circumstances you couldn't foresee or control, so you're really not to blame for not keeping with your plan.

How did the pictures come out, btw?

I know what you mean, once during the week I ran into a guy who I know as a pro photographer, chatted briefly, he purchased the same pass but also had the week off, so I know he would have spent far more time there, I only got about 300 photos on grounds over my three visits, that's not enough for my standards.

A couple of photos since you asked

35099437744_375ff9a71b.jpg

35939720995_31499d6b23.jpg

I understand. I'd feel the same as you, and I'm used to beating myself up thinking I didn't get enough done... which is how I know that sometimes we hold ourselves to standards that are too high for what our sensory issues, anxiety, fatigue & other aspects will allow. That and the X factor (temperatures, work, you name it).

I like your eye. I'm on the app tonight, so I can't see from clicking on your profile if you have media uploaded here, but you might want to try to share some more in an album?

New Threads

Top Bottom