• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My passion in life: helping kitties

Oh, yes she definitely does! We are utterly her slaves, here! And she is very vocal.

There are some coat colors which reflect a cat's personality. Calicoes, torties and torbies are always girls, and always will be darn sure of what they want, and how to get it!

There are some coat colors which reflect a cat's personality. Calicoes, torties and torbies are always girls, and always will be darn sure of what they want, and how to get it!
I didn't know that! I seem to always end up with torties and torbies. One of my favorite kitties when I was a child, was a tortie and I named her Gemini. She was such a darling!

I have 3 rescues in my home and each one has actually ended up rescuing me. I don't know what I would do without them! If I had the space, I would rescue more. I love them so much! It's totally awesome what you're doing WereBear .
So true...I would l love to be more at home but I'm always at work so i decided not to take yet. But I love to live with them. My mom uses to save every cat in need of help. I love them! :)

So true...I would l love to be more at home but I'm always at work so i decided not to take yet. But I love to live with them. My mom uses to save every cat in need of help. I love them! :)
Oh, me too! They give tremendous amount of comfort and warm feelings inside and they never complain about anything. Such sweeties!:p

Avalon is adorable! I know personality isn't usually supposed to be considered associated with color, but in volunteering with cats, I found calicos, torties, and torbies to make amazingly devoted friends for their people. It's often as if these sassy girls just know what's what, and set about watching out for their human friends.

Let me offer that I have a female Calico and she is not unlike a dog in that she is very affectionate, and seeks me out on those terms.

pic 7r.jpg

Cats can be a handful.
Some of my many rescues.

Here are two rescues, almost eight years apart: in front, our then "kitten" Mithrandir, and in the back, Reverend Jim.

Destination Unknown, I love your kitties! They are obviously mellow and well-loved :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 177
I cannot figure out how to "alert" someone I have used their name... Cannot find the button. Halp!

I cannot figure out how to "alert" someone I have used their name... Cannot find the button. Halp!

Don't think you can WereBear, the other person who made the post that you responded to, would have to indicate in their own profile that they wanted an alert on responses to posts that they make.

Last edited:
Those are beautiful cats, so healthy looking and really big, Destination Unknown are they all siblings? Here's one of my oldest cats he's eighteen this year: red house 011.JPG He's being held unwillingly by a girlfriend dressed as a cat for halloween.

Last edited:
Oh I see, now I understand Warmheart. Didn't occur to me that was what WereBear wanted to know. So if you use this process it alerts the person if they checked the box for alerts in their preferences?

Last edited:
Those are beautiful cats, so healthy looking and really big, Destination Unknown are they all siblings?
No, none are related.
Years ago I met someone who had 3 cats. I wondered what it would be like to have 3 cats instead of one.
The one in the middle was a little scuzzy farm kitten when I brought it home. My wife was worried it might break some of her stuff. After a while she started liking cats and then started rescuing them and learning everything about them. Now, only 3 cats would be a nice number to get down to.
I think I've only brought home 3 in the last 20 years. The rest just sort of show up.
Here's a couple of the others. The first one was a feral kitten. The second one was starving, and more fleas than cat when I got it in the parking lot at work.
SULLYr.JPG
ELSIE.JPG

Sorry Mia, I'm not tech savvy. D'oh! Anyone know how to get the alert-nickname thing to happen?

I currently have a feral colony I'm caring for of about 30 cats who reside on my friend's 1/2-acre property. He has one indoor cat of his own, and I have five cats at my house.

I'm the only one doing the spaying/neutering, so it's a long and difficult task, not to mention expensive. My friend helps out with the feeding. I buy the food, and he feeds them.

We just had another litter of kittens from one female I could never catch, but she's becoming less fearful, and I think I can get her when this litter is old enough.

It's always good to hear of others making a commitment to helping cats. Kudos to you!

Kudos to you, Cali Cat , for helping a feral colony; that's a challenging task.

I just got an email from someone who said reading a recent article of mine made her realize her cat was covered in lily pollen... And that is poisonous! She rushed the cat to the vet before he even showed symptoms, so he should make it.

ALL bulbs are dangerous to cats; even garlic and onions.

That is why I do what I do.

New Threads

Top Bottom