• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My first time around

CarlosG

Hello. My goddaughter is diagnosed with Asperger. So is a very close friend of mine who is currently in the forum. I hope this forum helps to enjoy the advantages the Asperger condition has, including higher IQ and sensitivity. I hope this forum helps me to reinforce self-confidence in my goddaughter. She is 16 years old, lives in Venezuela
I do not know if I have the blessing of this condition. I think I have not (I have visited qualified psychiatrists and therapists for other reasons).
I hope this is a group full of joy, confidence, hope and struggle, instead of complains. I will support on that
Welcome comments on how to better potentiate the capabilities of young people, teenagers and close to 20, with Asperger
Regards

Welcome Carlos! I think it's very thoughtful of you to join these forums in an attempt to learn. There are quite a few people here that are not on the spectrum, but are trying to gain better understanding about their loved ones. I'm sure you'll bump into them at some point :)

Hi Carlos. Welcome to AC!!!

We have a lot of nice, helpful parents of children with Autism and Aspergers here. They have already posted stuff that is likely to be helpful to you. You will probably be able to share more with them and others, to help each other.

Last edited:
welcome.png

This is an excellent community with many compassionate individuals, welcome.

Welcome, Carlos!

I think it's pretty safe to say you will find a group of helpful people, and some joy, hope, confidence & many more things. We do complain occasionally, but I've always seen it done more like venting out that like whining (I mean, we need to blow off the steam sometimes, everybody does, whether they're on the spectrum or not).

It's really sweet and thoughtful of you to look for resources for your goddaughter, so congratulations on taking those steps, you came to the right place!

New Threads

Top Bottom