• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

my elderly cat communicating?

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
well,yesterday i was at my mums/dads and trying to use aspiecentral on the laptop,and unfortunately for me,a laptop looks an awful lot like a cat butt warmer,so biscuit-this 19 year old maine coon X kitty here:
72ac00c605.jpg

took it upon herself to warm her hairy butt on my/my dads laptop after complaining to my dad there wasnt enough food in her bowl.
i think she must have been thinking about food because this is what she typed next:
72aba03ad6.jpg

oh well,no aspie central at my dads yesterday,here she is;stopping me from talking crap on AC [how helpful]:
72d17cdb04.jpg

on a serious note,ive believed shes an autie cat for years,so many autie traits including communication issues and a strict routine that she follows every day. :D

Ow. The Geek in me is strong in this post. :p

While I like cats though very different from dogs, any hairy creature that so easily sheds is toxic in close proximity to any laptop computer. Where all that hair gets into the ventilation ports and can slowly, but literally jam a cooling fan to a standstill. As can dust, but hair is more dense. :eek:

Last edited:
Yes but Judge, nothing stops a laptop like cookie crumbs in a keyboard. Nothing! Then the letters stick! And I can't free them! The karma, it burns! :D

Toothless, I loooooove Biscuit! You made me laugh today! Her "mmmmmmmmm" post is indeed great communication! :D Biscuit is absolutely gorgeous.
I believe she's one of the most stunning cats I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing Biscuit with us, and making me laugh! :)

While I like cats though very different from dogs, any hairy creature that so easily sheds is toxic in close proximity to any laptop computer. Where all that hair gets into the ventilation ports and can slowly, but literally a jam cooling fan to a standstill. As can dust, but hair is more dense. :eek:
ah feel free to geek away ;)
you wouldnt care with that laptop judge,my dad doesnt anyway- its got a significant motherboard error,electrical overload which causes it to short and turn off once every two uses,my dad couldnt care less as he knows its knackered and hes got an ancient pc in the front room to look up his useless crap about obituraries of people he doesnt know who have died.

about a week ago,i had to sort out his bloody laptop because biscuit had totally screwed it up,had to go in a guest account to sort it out.

ah feel free to geek away ;)
you wouldnt care with that laptop judge,my dad doesnt anyway- its got a significant motherboard error,electrical overload which causes it to short and turn off once every two uses,my dad couldnt care less as he knows its knackered and hes got an ancient pc in the front room to look up his useless crap about obituraries of people he doesnt know who have died.

about a week ago,i had to sort out his bloody laptop because biscuit had totally screwed it up,had to go in a guest account to sort it out.

Sounds pretty hairy. With or without Biscuit. :p

Yes but Judge, nothing stops a laptop like cookie crumbs in a keyboard. Nothing! Then the letters stick! And I can't free them! The karma, it burns! :D

Toothless, I loooooove Biscuit! You made me laugh today! Her "mmmmmmmmm" post is indeed great communication! :D Biscuit is absolutely gorgeous.
I believe she's one of the most stunning cats I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing Biscuit with us, and making me laugh! :)
awesome @Warmheart thankyou ill let her know she has a fan. ;)
the vet cut her nails the other day in a double appointment with my mr shadow,before she had her nails cut she had made a clippity clop sound on the laminate flooring and her enormous hair buffs the floor at the same time.

While I like cats though very different from dogs, any hairy creature that so easily sheds is toxic in close proximity to any laptop computer. Where all that hair gets into the ventilation ports and can slowly, but literally a jam cooling fan to a standstill. As can dust, but hair is more dense. :eek:
I know right. Two cats and a long-haired boyfriend. My electronic devices are all in a constant state of near-heart attack.

But @toothless, I think that's why they made the "All cats have Aspergers" book, because cats share so many traits with Aspies. I'm often jealous of my cats, they get to peek at strangers from behind the couch full of distrust, while I'm supposed to shake hands and be nice :D

I know right. Two cats and a long-haired boyfriend. My electronic devices are all in a constant state of near-heart attack.

But @toothless, I think that's why they made the "All cats have Aspergers" book, because cats share so many traits with Aspies. I'm often jealous of my cats, they get to peek at strangers from behind the couch full of distrust, while I'm supposed to shake hands and be nice :D
oh yes,i got that book when it was nearing release,thinking it actually was about the theory of cats being like us but it wasnt the serious book i wanted, dont know if your interested in being an author :D but we need an autistic crazy cat lady/bloke to write a good book about this theory,if only cat behavioralist vicky halls was autistic [look her up if you dont know her,shes amazing, she wrote the best cat book i ever read called the cat detective and she actually diagnosed my sisters cat with a rare behavioral condition].

im just like your cats,i dont interact with people if theyre not in my usual routine,those humans can go entertain themselves to be honest. :p
have you got any photos of your furr enhanced children?

I was born into a cat family that trained a few humans to feed them and rub them and love them.

We all knew cats needs came FIRST!

"Time to feed the Children!" meant one thing.....we had to wait in line :)

Kitteh!! What a pretty floofball she is :)

We are totally cat people here. 2 cats at the moment (Cali, who is a tuxedo princess and Jasper, who is a big tabby dork of a beast). They allow us to share the beds and our laps with them, and in returned we are allowed to feed and snuggle them *grin*

So true :tearsofjoy: I am terrible for dropping crumbs on my keyboard, and have to suffer the consequences. My parents (computer scientists) refuse to let me anywhere near their computers, or be in the same room as me when I am eating near mine:sweatsmile: @toothless beware, Biscuits kill computer keyboards :wink: She is gorgeous though!:hearteyes: Thanks for sharing :kissingheart:

oh yes,i got that book when it was nearing release,thinking it actually was about the theory of cats being like us but it wasnt the serious book i wanted, dont know if your interested in being an author :D but we need an autistic crazy cat lady/bloke to write a good book about this theory,if only cat behavioralist vicky halls was autistic [look her up if you dont know her,shes amazing, she wrote the best cat book i ever read called the cat detective and she actually diagnosed my sisters cat with a rare behavioral condition].

im just like your cats,i dont interact with people if theyre not in my usual routine,those humans can go entertain themselves to be honest. :p
have you got any photos of your furr enhanced children?
Well, I do love writing, maybe it's time for me to start writing that Aspie crazy cat lady book :D
As for my furry critters:
IMG_6484.JPG
IMG_6485.JPG
IMG_6411.JPG

Sadly, the cat on the bottom passed away last year due to a mysterious illness, he got sick and died within a week :(

Oh Bolletje. I'm sorry that last kitteh is no longer with you. What a regal beast!

I don't have regal cats LOL dorky fuzz buckets would probably be a better description:
IMG_0811.JPG

I used to just periodically turn my keyboard upside down and give it a good bashing against the table top. Amazing what you find that would fall out of the keyboard. A pair of socks, car keys, even my glasses!

Using a chiclet style keyboard these days....no banging or bashing required. :p

Well, I do love writing, maybe it's time for me to start writing that Aspie crazy cat lady book :D
As for my furry critters:
View attachment 31773 View attachment 31774 View attachment 31775
Sadly, the cat on the bottom passed away last year due to a mysterious illness, he got sick and died within a week :(
i dont know about your religeous beliefs,but for me i believe in heaven and i believe the spiritual energy from every being goes there,so one day we would meet our beloved friends again,but for someone who doesnt believe in a heaven or athiesm etc they dont believe in it and thats cool,i just think from my view your gorgeous puss will be back to health and running free now [hope i dont offend you and if i did im sorry bolletje].

your cats are gorgeous,im especially getting feeling from the kitty at the top,he seems happy in that pose.
i await your book with good faith,i shall buy it [go on,seriously do it pleeease ;) ].

i dont know about your religeous beliefs,but for me i believe in heaven and i believe the spiritual energy from every being goes there,so one day we would meet our beloved friends again,but for someone who doesnt believe in a heaven or athiesm etc they dont believe in it and thats cool,i just think from my view your gorgeous puss will be back to health and running free now [hope i dont offend you and if i did im sorry bolletje].

your cats are gorgeous,im especially getting feeling from the kitty at the top,he seems happy in that pose.
i await your book with good faith,i shall buy it [go on,seriously do it pleeease ;) ].
I'm an atheist, but how could I be offended by your lovely idea of heaven? I don't believe in the concept but I love fantasizing about what it would be like. Heaven for my cat is probably an all-you can eat buffet, a huge garden full of flowers to destroy and a house full of people to meow at in the middle of the night :D

Oh, and I'll start working on a concept for the book tomorrow, see if I can come up with something fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom