• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mum and autistic son forced to flee their home and live in hotel after being targeted by yobs

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

The mother and her autistic son have been targeted by a gang of teenage yobs who gather outside their home

A mum and her autistic son have been forced to flee their home after being targeted by a gang of teenage yobs.

The woman and her son, who have not been named, have suffered nightly abuse by youngsters who gather outside their home.

Police have now stepped up patrols of the area and have installed CCTV in a bid to catch the bullies.

The case has chilling similarities to tragic Fiona Pilkington, 38, and her disabled daughter Francecca Hardwick, 18, who died in a car fire.

Fiona-Pilkington.jpg

Fiona Pilkington

Miss Pilkington killed herself and her daughter in October 2007 after years of abuse by youths who targeted their home in Barwell, Leics.

In the latest case, the mum and her son, who live in Barrow, Leics., just 20 miles from Barwell, have been forced to move into a hotel to escape their tormentors.

The mum, who did not want to be named fearing reprisals, said: "I had to book a hotel for us again last week as my son's anxiety is getting worse.

"They were already gathering when we left, on the corner opposite my house.

"My son's teacher is extremely worried about him, as am I, she is giving him counselling to try and help but he has told me he feels incredibly depressed.

"It breaks my heart. I really am wondering when all this will end, we can't cope with it much longer."

Leicestershire Police said officers were working to address the problem.

In a statement, the force said: "A number of initiatives are in place to try to combat the issues which have been raised and we are working with our partner agencies to address them.

"Officers patrol the area and carry out routine checks at key times, and, as a direct result of the concerns raised, these patrols have increased.

"Police officers and colleagues from other agencies have met with young people and their families as part of ongoing preventative action around this anti-social behaviour and we continue to work closely with our partners as part of this.

"Work has also been done to install overt CCTV to act as a deterrent and street lighting will now remain switched on later into the evening.

"We are continually speaking with the lady concerned both in person and over the phone to try and address her concerns."

Local Conservative MP Nicky Morgan, has also taken up the family's case.

She said: "I would like to support this poor mother in being able to gather evidence against the reported incidents.

"I know that anti-social behaviour problems are not always easy to solve, and often take a long time to resolve.

"I feel that the police are offering the right support and just need time to gather evidence.

"I believe that police have increased patrols in the area, and are in regular contact with the family which are the right steps to do this, and I know that the family would rather have a long term solution to this problem, rather than a quick fix."

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-autistic-son-forced-flee-9365214

that really disgusts me,i hope they can become free to live in their own community again.
i hope there is justice against the evil little sh**s who are ruining their lives.
i remember the pilkingtons,thats another profoundly disgusting act,and the poor girl who died through it.:(

there has been lots of disablist attacks against families with autistic or learning [intellectual] disabilities in the UK but they dont get reported, me and my mother were attacked on a daily basis for over a year by a gang in stretford many years ago because they were targeting my disabilities, calling me retarded,forest gump etc and then throwing bricks at me and my mum and fighting between each other which one is going to come over and beat me up [if they tried theyd be sorry but listening to them talk about it made me in fear].
this was at a main bus stop opposite stretford mall going towards sale [incase anyone knows it] my mum would get me on the special mini bus that goes to my college,but while waiting for it this gang targeted me.there were many people at the same stop,all looking the opposite way and not stepping in to help,one time though after the gang suddenly left a lady turned around and started speaking to my mum about how awful this gang is and how we should report them to their school and police.

one of the girls on my special needs college course said she knew one of the gang as they go to the same EBD/emotional and behavioral special school she did,and she would have a word with the girl to stop as she knew where she lived-i thought it was all BS and she was just acting 'hard' but it stopped.

i have PTSD-a lot of it involving stretford because of the bullying i suffered there.
sorry ive waffled on when it was about another persons suffering,i just want people to know how bad it is,attacks on people with disabilities arent reported or cared about enough.

Last edited:
Why? Why make these people's lives harder than it already is? What is the reasoning behind this sort of behaviour? I don't understand this.

Why? Why make these people's lives harder than it already is? What is the reasoning behind this sort of behaviour? I don't understand this.
i dont think theres any reasoning behind the attacks, the awful people doing this probably think its funny bullying the family because they have reacted to it and they will continue to do so because of reaction.
they probably targeted them because of the autists disability;its a weakness and you know how bullies target weaknesses because they dont understand.
i also think bullies lack empathy and morals and this doesnt help, and also there are probably some people in the gang who are only doing it because they see the 'top dogs' as role models and want to fit in so copy their behavior but arent in the same league as the top dogs. this is my understanding of bully gangs anyway.

not enough is done for disablist attacks, this family shouldnt be put away in some hotel having their routines ripped apart, rather they should be staking out their house incognito and catching the b******s doing this-and put them away!

New Threads

Top Bottom