• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lonely 27 year old

AidenMaccullagh

Hi all my name is Aiden. Im 27 right now will be 28 in december. i am on the higher functioning end of autism. All through out school i was bullied made fun of and rarely had any friends if i was lucky 2 maybe 3 friends at best. I have been on and off as far as dating goes. Girls even though i meet them in person lie to me, cheat, use me for sex, and try to get me to act right away and play the hero saving the damsel in distress. My last relationship forced me to file a protection order as i was threatend to be murdered. now i am sceptical about dating and my parents who i STILL live with are playing guard. I am social and easy to get along with and i even try to relate to people to help them with problems i have multiple ways of being contacted.

upload_2017-6-7_17-37-23.png

Girls even though i meet them in person lie to me, cheat, use me for sex, and try to get me to act right away and play the hero saving the damsel in distress. My last relationship forced me to file a protection order as i was threatend to be murdered. now i am sceptical about dating and my parents who i STILL live with are playing guard. I am social and easy to get along with

I can think of worse things than being used for sex (for guys anyway ;)), but as an aspie guy you've done well to have been with some or many girls irrespective of the outcome, kinda suggest there is a reason for you to hope. Threatened with murder, protection order :eek:, yikes.

I recently joined myself. :)
Where are you all coming from.....where :confounded:.... :smirkcat:

Wow, Aiden - that's terrible. I'm glad you're allright. I too have been made fun of and ridiculed a lot and for a long time I didn't have any friends. I too only made around 3 within recent years. I used to be shy and then I became social, but I was just terrible at it. I ended up pushing so many people away with that behavior and I started hating myself for it. This is not the first time something flipped 180 degrees for me. I used to be bad at math but then...shazam. I used to like drawing and then I stopped drawing (but that may have been a temporary special interest).

I actually never dated in my entire life. My father wants to introduce me to a girl later this year because he doesn't want me to be lonely for the rest of my life, and I'm almost 30 years old. I yet have to meet someone in my age range who never dated. All of my coworkers are either engaged, married or have been married. They all have pets. I still live at my parents' home - just me, no siblings, no pets, no girlfriend. I wasn't even interested in dating for a long time, to say nothing of not knowing the true purpose of a date. I might be sort of interested now and come September I might have that opportunity. I've never actively looked. I know nothing about talking to women.

I only recently started seeing a psychologist who sort of diagnosed me with Asperger's, but not officially. He recommended that I join this community and I don't regret it one bit. It's already helping me learn more about Asperger's.

il_340x270.822145528_5jhn.jpg

Seriously though, I get how that is, one ex and I have a mutual agreement that if we see each other again we'll kill each other. She's more of a gangster than I am so it's quite serious.

Also, welcome!

Well i am shocked to even have responses to my post this makes me happy. in response to the first post yes threatend with murder and protection order that tops anything. as for the second post i do have advice for ya. slow and steady do not go right to warp speed. from expierience girls take quite a bit of time before they warm up to you the best you can do there is be a gentleman such as holding the door for them when going out in public, and so forth. to the third and fourth comment thank you and hello.

It happens so often im used to it i have become numb to the pain but that numbness is wearing off. it has become a pondering question. do i continue to try to find that special someone or become isolated closed and never let another girl into my life thats not in my family

Welcome! People can be brutal, I think everyone here can attest to that. I hope you feel safe and welcome here. We're a friendly bunch.

Hi Aiden welcome yeah I'm sorry for what you have been through,I was also bullied badly at school and left at the age of 13 because of it,I also had issues in the past with guys using me and taking advantage of my naivety and assuming I was dumb because of my lack of social understanding and relationships,I even got involved once with what you would call a Sociopath which didn't help with things,but you probably find others here with similar stories and I hope you like it here.

I am sorry you went through that Adora. I wanted to leave school because of the bullying but my parents told me to stay in school and ignore them and i am glad i did because if i didn't i would not have been given the academic awards in middle school when i graduated and high school i would not have made valedictorian. you allare my new best friends. hugs to you all

I am on the point of a massive meltdown. i have constantly tried to get to meet new girls take it slow and take it slow and the first contact i make is a girl my age i introduce myself and her response is you autistic ****er **** off and die. I am seriously debating whether i should even get a relationship or live forever single and not carry my families bloodline out. once my family dies none will bear my last name. Please i ask for help. WITHOUT CALLING 911! I feel there is no one for me. I put myself out there and smack im shoved back into a pit of darkness

I am on the point of a massive meltdown. i have constantly tried to get to meet new girls take it slow and take it slow and the first contact i make is a girl my age i introduce myself and her response is you autistic ****er **** off and die. I am seriously debating whether i should even get a relationship or live forever single and not carry my families bloodline out. once my family dies none will bear my last name. Please i ask for help. WITHOUT CALLING 911! I feel there is no one for me. I put myself out there and smack im shoved back into a pit of darkness
I'm so sorry Aiden,that girl is not worth your time that was very cruel of her to say I wish I could help you because I understand how it feels to be treated like crap by people but no one is worth the hurt and you will find someone one day someone who will respect you and care I use to think the same way as you feeling like no guy would ever want to be with me but that was just my self esteem talking and I was proven wrong and so will you be,you are worth something don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm so sorry Aiden,that girl is not worth your time that was very cruel of her to say I wish I could help you because I understand how it feels to be treated like crap by people but no one is worth the hurt and you will find someone one day someone who will respect you and care I use to think the same way as you feeling like no guy would ever want to be with me but that was just my self esteem talking and I was proven wrong and so will you be,you are worth something don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I have accepted that I will be alone.

hello Aiden, nice to meet you =) I hope you'll have a good time here. Still, I'm sure you won't be alone forever! ... You'll find the right match one day, for sure

hello Aiden, nice to meet you =) I hope you'll have a good time here. Still, I'm sure you won't be alone forever! ... You'll find the right match one day, for sure
Thanks but it will be a long and lonely life. No problem I will die single and watch how many cry that they should have dated me.

New Threads

Top Bottom