• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

listening to multiple songs simultaneously

do you listening to multiple songs simultaneously

• Total voters

James Hardy

any one else listening to multiple songs simultaneously, and just switch between the songs in your head. or am i just crazy?

Are you talking about playing more than one song at the same time from more than one source and having them all overlap each other?

For me, hearing two songs or two people speaking just does not work. I can not make sense out of ether of them. It may as well be a bunch of chickens clucking. For example, if someone talks to me while I am on the phone, I can not make sense out of what ether of them are saying. I do not know why I am this way, I have been like this all of my life.

i hear you in fact thats my problem i can always hear when someones talking too me and what they say but understanding what they are trying to relay is hard. people just dont word things like my head dose. thous i kinda refereed to myself as retarded till i was diagnosed with autism

i hear you in fact thats my problem i can always hear when someones talking too me and what they say but understanding what they are trying to relay is hard. people just dont word things like my head dose. thous i kinda refereed to myself as retarded till i was diagnosed with autism
then again i might be somewhere in between autistic and retarded, but im told alot that im very smart and i scored a 98 on the asap with a 120 gt score also im very inventive even going into autistic spirals (t-rexs arms and pasing well talking to myself) when complimenting a new idea for a machean. be it at work or be myself. in fact iv had to console my bose before because he thought i was freaking out do to him giving me instruction

in all honesty im new to being diagnosed. i was diagnosed this last November and had a medical discharge shoved up my ass thanks too it. so im still trying to figure out whats actually norm and whats my aspy. mind you i enjoy the logic my aspy gives me but now i can actually determent what people find wird and so darn funny about me buy seeing what others "of my kind" are like.

sorry for rambling. something i do. found out recently i cant observe when people arent interested thuse im kinda neves about it now.
\

in all honesty im new to being diagnosed. i was diagnosed this last November and had a medical discharge shoved up my ass thanks too it. so im still trying to figure out whats actually norm and whats my aspy. mind you i enjoy the logic my aspy gives me but now i can actually determent what people find wird and so darn funny about me buy seeing what others "of my kind" are like.

While we all may share some things in common, there's also tonnes we don't ("if you've met one aspie, you've met one aspie"). Your enjoying listening to more than one song at once may be something to do with ASD, or maybe it isn't. So long as you're happy, then that's fine.

While we all may share some things in common, there's also tonnes we don't ("if you've met one aspie, you've met one aspie"). Your enjoying listening to more than one song at once may be something to do with ASD, or maybe it isn't. So long as you're happy, then that's fine.
im kinda always happy its part of being me. the only time i wasn't was when i couldn't find a purpose for my life when i got suicidal

For me, hearing two songs or two people speaking just does not work. I can not make sense out of ether of them. It may as well be a bunch of chickens clucking. For example, if someone talks to me while I am on the phone, I can not make sense out of what ether of them are saying. I do not know why I am this way, I have been like this all of my life.

I'm taking psychology classes and I've learned that not being able to listen to two people at the same time is perfectly normal. So I guess even an NT wouldn't be able to understand anyone if they tried to listen to both. However I don't think not being able to understand one person while many others are talking, even if you focus on only a single person, is all that common. That's the problem I have sometimes...

There is this thing call "mashups", where they overlap multiple songs on top of each other. Here is an example.

I have done that, but mostly the same songs over and over and over. I will listen to the same album two or three times in a day! I prefer silence, but I have to take these with me when I go out to block the crap they keep playing everywhere. BAttery drains half the time, wifi does not work the other half, so screwed as ever.

New Threads

Top Bottom