• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kind of like in the middle of things ...

Nash

I'm kind of in the middle of being diagnosed, at the advise of my GP. Really new to this, so I guess I have lots of questions. I guess I'm also really late, since I'm 52 years old.

Not sure what else I should post here, but it's enough for now, I hope.

upload_2017-6-21_17-23-16.png

Hi Welcome to our club! It's never too late to get a diagnosis I have known I have had Aspergers since I was young but only self diagnosed and told everyone a month ago / I'm 57.Everybody was afraid to approach this with me but they have always recognised my problems.I have always kept busy in life and covered it up as best I could however marital problems now made me decide to open up.Its the best thing I have done for a long time, I am now making a plan to improve myself.It won't be easy but it's a step in the tight direction.

I'm kind of in the middle of being diagnosed, at the advise of my GP. Really new to this, so I guess I have lots of questions. I guess I'm also really late, since I'm 52 years old.

Not sure what else I should post here, but it's enough for now, I hope.

You're never too late. I didn't begin to unravel this mystery out until I was 55.

Welcome to AC. ;)

I am now making a plan to improve myself.It won't be easy but it's a step in the tight direction.
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm looking for a diagnosis. So many things fell into place after my GP told me I might be on the spectrum and I read up on Aspergers. I'm hoping the diagnosis, if it's positive, will open up a support structure of some kind.

We have a lot in common, how far have you got with your unraveling?

It's been years now, but I still learn something quite often and right here. Mostly in comparing traits and behaviors. Though presently I still have no urgent need for a formal diagnosis.

While I'm convinced I'm on the spectrum, I never had any thoughts of seeking any formal entitlements.

Most recently while watching the series "Genius", I've been intrigued as to the question of whether Albert Einstein was on the spectrum. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for the welcome, all!
I made a list of the things I was good at and the things I new I had problems with.With the problem list I have started to try and tackle some of these issues one at a time starting with the easiest first.For instance my anger would go from 0 to 60 in seconds so I am now avoiding those situations

I made a list of the things I was good at and the things I new I had problems with.With the problem list I have started to try and tackle some of these issues one at a time starting with the easiest first.For instance my anger would go from 0 to 60 in seconds so I am now avoiding those situations

Yep. Self-awareness. That's what it's all about.

Determining your own autistic traits and behaviors and then further assessing those you want or need to address, and to what degree you are neurologically capable of addressing them. A somewhat bumpy road to self improvement.

Welcome.

I'm self-diagnosed at 53 and I welcome being AS, it explains a lot of my behavior and past.

New Threads

Top Bottom