• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Kava and Aspergers

zurb

Eschewer of Obfuscation
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with kava. If so, how do you feel it affected your Aspergers?

Kava
Best known in Polynesian communities, but not exclusively.
People say cannabis helps Aspergers, but they never explain how or in what way. If its to do with anxiety, maybe kava would help without the negative side effects. Just wondering.

Hmm, I need to research this, because I honestly thought you were talking about the instant coffee. My grandmother used to drink it when I was a kid:

kava-instant-coffee-4-ounce-glass-jars-pack-of-3_5108_500.jpg

Kava
Best known in Polynesian communities, but not exclusively.
People say cannabis helps Aspergers, but they never explain how or in what way. If its to do with anxiety, maybe kava would help without the negative side effects. Just wondering.
https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/aspergers-and-marijuana.3408/

My Commonwealth of Pennsylvania USA just approved the medical use of marijuana for treating a ton of issues that included persons with autism.

I will also state that like any drug of choice,it is not for everyone ;)

PM me if you want details from me

What? PA?? Really??

Come on Ohio! ugh
& I'm starting to wonder if Indiana is a lost cause...
Yeah,the details haven't been all sorted out yet,but it was put in effect here. I would have never guessed it was going to pass here of all places,but one of the state lawmakers had cancer and told how wonderfully it worked for him so the votes went the way they did. We will not be allowed to smoke it,but any other way was approved.

I also need to add that I feel it was instrumental to my successful TBI recovery ;)

Can't smoke it? Lol what do you do with it? I'm confused
The truth of the matter is that the temperature required to burn it ruins all the psychoactive elements of it as the crystals start to break down

1. Measure out 1/2 cup (120 ml) of powdered kava root, put into blender. ...
  2. Pour 2 cups (500 ml) of coconut water and 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk into the blender. ...
  3. Blend the mixture on medium for 2-5 minutes.
  4. Strain the mixture to remove the powder.
  5. Strain again if desired. ...
  6. Make a nice espresso shot.
  7. Pour the brew into a big drinking cup with the espresso.
The trick is to really massage the straining cloth, the active compound is a lactone so you want to see
thick cloudy liquid passing through the strainer, keep going when you think it has all gone through as
this is the time you will get the best Kava Kava, squoosh that sucka dry, you will see what i mean.
Only ever use 1oo% Kava root, this is very important as the leaf of the plant can damage the liver
over time. Use small Pacific suppliers as opposed to big companies.

Drink and enjoy!

Kava Kava has an............acquired taste but if you muck about with some spices, coffee and drinking chocolate it can actually taste quite pleasant.

Kava Kava has a very subtle effect as opposed to other common drugs like alcohol, cannabis, mdma etc, can lower anxiety and make you feel more sociable without causing inebriation.

New Threads

Top Bottom