• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just wanted some insight.

Wanderinginthewoods

"Always love who you are as a person."
My boyfriend is very direct and honest which I love. We have hobbies we enjoy together which is good. He loves how I can watch movies and anime together and be perfectly content. Not really a clingy type, but he does show me affection and that he cares about me. I love him for who he is, I just try to understand. Have a learning disability of my own, so I'd just like to ask some questions.

I noticed he's been asking my opinion a lot, I take this as a sign of love. To be honest not many of my old boyfriends ever did this. His thoughts of being intimate is different than how I see it. This is something I can work with and I've accepted this. Last he doesn't seem to talk to me a lot online because he gets distracted. He plays a lot of video games and loves electronic things. Is this normal? I'm happy when he messages me and he does always keep in contact. This just confused me is all.

Verbally, he doesn't say I love you a lot or call me sweetie. So I only say it once in awhile now because I can see from his point of view that it loses its meaning. I'm a highly sensitive person and an introvert so I'm very patient and a good listener. I just take our relationship one day at a time. He's told me many times what a good person I am and to never change or stop being so caring. Anytime he compliments me, they mean a lot and I always make him crafty cards.

Plan on ordering a book soon so I can have full information on everything. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. :)

Actually that sounds quite hopeful that while you are NT, you are also introverted. Almost all the NT females I had relationships with were extroverts. My impression of many people on the spectrum here in this community are more comfortable using the computer to communicate. Less distractions unless we're multitasking. (That's when using a computer to communicate can become problematic for me personally.)

Yeah- I used to get into so much trouble not saying the "I love you's" on a regular basis. :eek:

Anyways from your initial post things sound good! Well done. ;)

Electronic things and playing games on-line are in the top three favourite things for most Aspies I know and yes, communicating with the computer is easier and more appealing than being with others in person.

The I love you's and sweet name callings are things that just doesn't come naturally to me even if I care for someone. I feel very uneasy when people call me something like Sweetie, Dear, Hun, etc. that I don't even know out in public when they talk to me. I never use those cutsie names when speaking to people but it seems very common for NTs to use them in speaking.

I find most female NTs to be very extroverted too and that is a good reason I have difficulty knowing how to fit into a conversation with them. I don't have social anxiety though. I actually like the attention from being on stage, singing, acting or modeling. But, that is a whole different thing. I'm up here, the audience is out there. I am not really having to interact with them. If I were in the audience I would be just as uneasy as usual.

New Threads

Top Bottom