• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just Thought I Should Introduce Myself

CyborgSpaceKitten

Hi, I'm new to these forums and thought I should introduce myself. I am a 28 year-old who has self-diagnosed herself with Aspergers, and am currently seeking out an official diagnosis but do not really know how to go about it. I like art, music, space, kitties, quantum physics/theoretical physics, Star Trek and comic books. I'm hoping to meet some like-minded individuals in here, or even just some people that I can relate to.

e8bb83ad5865befda0679eacad46957f.png

Hi. Many of us (including me) are self-diagnosed, in my case a friend whose son is on the spectrum pointed it out to me, I have since confirmed it for myself. If you would like some suggestions regarding how to go about getting an official diagnosis it might be helpful to let us know what country you're in as there are different systems available in different places. Having said that, you're under no obligation to reveal anything you're not comfortable with. Don't allow anyone to pressure you into that, the vast majority of us won't, we value the fact that we've been welcomed and made to feel comfortable here. It's nice to think that we may be able to do the same for you.

Too bad you're not likely to meet any other Star Trek fans here. ;)

Welcome :) I love your username.

and am currently seeking out an official diagnosis but do not really know how to go about it

To be honest, this will entirely depend on where in the world you are. If you are happy to give the country in which you live, there are likely to be people here who can at least give advise on how to go about getting a diagnosis.

Hi, I'm new to these forums and thought I should introduce myself. I am a 28 year-old who has self-diagnosed herself with Aspergers, and am currently seeking out an official diagnosis but do not really know how to go about it. I like art, music, space, kitties, quantum physics/theoretical physics, Star Trek and comic books. I'm hoping to meet some like-minded individuals in here, or even just some people that I can relate to.
hi cyborgspacekitten,welcome to AC!
cat fanatics are always good here,and art is very popular here to,and i think youll find people like the other interests to its just they dont get talked about much.

Hi nice to meet you. I am also a fan of art.

Thank you everyone for giving me such a warm welcome! As for those who asked what country I live in, I'm from the United States. New York to be exact. I'd really appreciate any help in getting an official diagnoses that I can get. I have been feeling a bit lost lately and could use all the advice I can get.

Welcome, Cyborg Space Kitten!
To get diagnosed, people usually go to a neurologist or psychiatrist. From there, they do a bunch of test and try to determine exactly what neurological disorder you have.

I
I LIKE STAR TREK REALLY ONLY THE CAPTAIN KIRK BONES SPOCK SERIES

New Threads

Top Bottom