• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Job Interviews

richbebo

Hi everyone, i have a job interview coming up for a pet store, its a job i've wanted for ages cause i know loads about pets, but i know interviews can be very hard for us aspies because the employers insist on making eye contact and if you dont do it make they think your not listening( for me its the oposite, if i do look them in the eye i get so freaked out i dont listen) and the interviews are also always small talk (which is also difficult), oh and team interviews are the worst. I fear these aspects could cost me the job. Any one else the same and do they have any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Well, I was strongly advised to tell employers about Aspergers at the application stage. There's usually somewhere in the form or just add a covering letter. Eye contact is known to often be a problem for Aspies. Best wishes with it!

Look at them between the eyes?
It doesn't work for me, still awkward somehow, but everyone always gives that as a tip?

i have a hard time looking people in the eyes cause it just seems weird to me but i will look at there whole face, i'll pick a part on there face or just look to the side of there face and glance at there face every once in a while. and it would be a good idea to tell them about your aspergers in case something happens at work and so they know that somethings will be awkward for you.

Hell yeah, got yet another job interview, this is my lucky week. This time tommorow i might be a bartender.

FML another interview and it was a dreaded team interview, i didn't get the job cause i was too "shy", screw you aspergers

New Threads

Top Bottom