• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's too hot too sleep...

Ive never fully acclimatised to the UK after nearly 21 years
wanted to return the second i got to newcastle airport

Ha, that made me laugh, I don't blame you regarding Newcastle airport;). I am down the coast a bit in Tynemouth.

I hate the heat too, but I need a hot water bottle all year round to feel safe and snug in bed..

Buy a small 6-8" quiet desk fan and aim it at your head, this is the most effective place to cool down your body. Also consider a 4.5 tog quilt ;)

im in the burbs of Sunderland so I understand tynemouth amazes me if i go a few miles inland how humid it is august was terrible at harraton in Washington but maybe it was because i was in A nursing home so the heating was on
Ha, that made me laugh, I don't blame you regarding Newcastle airport;). I am down the coast a bit in Tynemouth.

I hate the heat too, but I need a hot water bottle all year round to feel safe and snug in bed..

im in the burbs of Sunderland so I understand tynemouth amazes me if i go a few miles inland how humid it is august was terrible at harraton in Washington but maybe it was because i was in A nursing home so the heating was on

Lol, yes, the heating is so blooming high in nursing homes, I used to work in one (in Tynemouth) and I used to boil alive in the summer. Didn't seem to effect the residents though:). You're right about it being more humid a mile or two inland, the weather men/women up here always say "cooler along the coast" which can work for or against us, depending on the season.

Oh I used to travel to Sunderland every other week, (football :rolleyes: lol).

Hope you are more used to the North East by now, I spend a lot of solitary time in Northumberland hiking :).

Anyone else have this problem? I need my covers to sleep but it's so hot and humid I can't have them on me without feeling like I'm suffocating... I won't be able to fall asleep until I'm completely exhausted usually 6-10 hours after I should of went to sleep near when I would like to wake up.

Oh one of those nights I really, really wish I could do a couple shots. Boo

I am not looking forward to summer, it's already been pushing 90° -._-.
STAY IN A COOL AREA DURING THE DAY YOUR HORMONE BALANCE HAS CHANGED
AND NEED TO AVOID OVERHEATING

IF YOU DONT MOVE ABOUT BETWEEN 11 AND 3 YOULL SLEEP BETTER
I SAW ABORIGINES.DOING IT IN THE NORTHERN TERRITORIES IN AUSTRALIA THEY NEVER LOOKED LIKE THEY SUFFERED FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION

WALKED WITH SUNDERLAND RAMBLERS FOR A FEW MONTHS BEFORE MAM BECAME TOO WEAK
NOW ITS ME WHO CANT WALK
Lol, yes, the heating is so blooming high in nursing homes, I used to work in one (in Tynemouth) and I used to boil alive in the summer. Didn't seem to effect the residents though:). You're right about it being more humid a mile or two inland, the weather men/women up here always say "cooler along the coast" which can work for or against us, depending on the season.

Oh I used to travel to Sunderland every other week, (football :rolleyes: lol).

Hope you are more used to the North East by now, I spend a lot of solitary time in Northumberland hiking :).

WALKED WITH SUNDERLAND RAMBLERS FOR A FEW MONTHS BEFORE MAM BECAME TOO WEAK
NOW ITS ME WHO CANT WALK

Hi Streetwise. Aww, sorry you can no longer ramble, that's my biggest concern, knowing that one day way in the future I may not be able to wonder 'till my heart's content with my canine companions.

I bet you have many happy rambling memories...took my dogs to High Force last year and that was fab.

Even when I'm not hot I can point it away and use it for white noise.

Oh no no no, if it sounds like my fan then it's more relaxing and far less high pitch than white noise. The whirring of a fan motor influenced by the soundwaves bouncing off of the spinning blades trumps white noise for sure.

Aww, sorry you can no longer ramble,
I bet you have many happy rambling memories.

There's more than one way to 'ramble' and when I first read this I assumed you meant 'rambling on' (as in talking loads), not walking/hiking lol :D

New Threads

Top Bottom