• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's all new

@deedledee90 I stumbled across you on deviant art. I see you listed Darby Lahger as a favorite visual artist. She is a member here, but not active recently.
Yes! Darby is a fantastic artist and a great advocate of autism. I didn't know she was a member here but I'm happy to see that. She had a good video series on YouTube about her experiences with autism but I think she took them down.

Hello, my name is Dee. I am not only new to this forum but also to the neuro-diverse community. After years of dealing with anxiety ridden emotional outbursts, wondering why I can't make/keep friends, feeling like such an outsider doing anything social (and more...), I finally decided to research. I knew little to nothing about Aspergers before and I was shocked to find how closely I can relate to those who have AS/HFA.

I don't have a diagnosis yet but I am going to speak with my GP in a couple weeks to see if I can get an official diagnosis, or at least a step in the right direction. Of course, I am worried that I am just convincing myself that something if wrong with me.

I hope I can learn more about myself and others in this new, and kind of intimidating realm (as I am not super familiar with online forums.) So bear with me, and my shyness :) and thanks in advance!

Welcome! I'm glad you're finding some answers & learning about yourself!

New Threads

Top Bottom