• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this obsessive/repetitive behaviour?

I do that. It makes me feel better. I love listening to the same playlist or artist for a long time on repeat. It has a soothing effect to me.

Listening to one specific artist and playlist for a week or more, from waking up to going to bed everyday?
that is obsessive/repetitive behavior ,it sounds aspie/autie like but there are NTs who do that to,its whether it goes outside the realm of NTism or not.

that is obsessive/repetitive behavior ,it sounds aspie/autie like but there are NTs who do that to,its whether it goes outside the realm of NTism or not.

Its almost like a cycle... I have a playlist of lots of different artists that I will listen to for a while, but then I get stuck on a specific artist and only listen to them for weeks at a time, before suddenly stopping and doing the same thing with a different artist... Its always the same ones aswell

Its almost like a cycle... I have a playlist of lots of different artists that I will listen to for a while, but then I get stuck on a specific artist and only listen to them for weeks at a time, before suddenly stopping and doing the same thing with a different artist... Its always the same ones aswell

I do exactly the same. It has been known for it to be just the one song too.

I've been humming a Pink Floyd melody in my head for five days now. Before it was Springsteen's Philadelphia. Before that one of Sia's songs. Sometimes it lasts for a week, day, or until I pick up another melody that seems to 'stick' like a brain worm. For months it was my nephews gummy bear song.

I've been humming a Pink Floyd melody in my head for five days now. Before it was Springsteen's Philadelphia. Before that one of Sia's songs. Sometimes it lasts for a week, day, or until I pick up another melody that seems to 'stick' like a brain worm. For months it was my nephews gummy bear song.

Not that green thing on Youtube?! That thing drives me mad lol

I do this all the time. Going from one particular song to another that can last anywhere from a day to a week.

Right now it's Puccini. "Nessun Dorma". o_O

I use music for both enjoyment and/or a soothing effect. When I do it for enjoyment, I can go all over the place with different artists. When I'm stressed or just need some stimulation, I go to one specific artist and play their library of songs in a very specific order. This specific group is one my obsessions, so it just feels good to indulge.

I done this twice. First it was Red Hot Chilli Peppers in my early teen years. Then it was Nine Inch Nails in my late school years and my college years. Both are sort of burnt out on me now. I can still listen to a bit of NIN though every now and then.

In senior year of high school, I did as you described with a band named System of a Down. I'd do not much in my time after school besides obsess over my looks and listen to them.

Whose to say whether it's an autistic thing or not? I get the feeling that most people don't obsess like this, but some do. Lots of people binge watch TV shows, so music is possible/probable too.

For my own pleasure I wrote this down:
(high school)
Freshman year - Kid Cudi
Sophomore year February to June - Different dubstep songs (I guess there is a large variety here since there were many songs)
Junior year September to December/January - EDM and some leftover dubstep from sophomore year
Junior year February to June - System of Down
Senior year September to December - System of a Down. By far, this was my most obsessed (for lack of better term) time with a musician(s). Also somewhat The Gorillaz.
Senior year December to June - Slipknot, but not exclusively, as also: Lana Del Rey and in April-June: The Gorillaz

In senior year of high school, I did as you described with a band named System of a Down. I'd do not much in my time after school besides obsess over my looks and listen to them.

Whose to say whether it's an autistic thing or not? I get the feeling that most people don't obsess like this, but some do. Lots of people binge watch TV shows, so music is possible/probable too.

For my own pleasure I wrote this down:
(high school)
Freshman year - Kid Cudi
Sophomore year February to June - Different dubstep songs (I guess there is a large variety here since there were many songs)
Junior year September to December/January - EDM and some leftover dubstep from sophomore year
Junior year February to June - System of Down
Senior year September to December - System of a Down. By far, this was my most obsessed (for lack of better term) time with a musician(s). Also somewhat The Gorillaz.
Senior year December to June - Slipknot, but not exclusively, as also: Lana Del Rey and in April-June: The Gorillaz

System of a Down. Good choice.

I do this too - one playlist/album/song for days. My taste has changed a bit o_O, but I remember doing it as a 9 year old - I used to alternate between the soundtracks to the Sound of Music, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show... those were all I ever listened to. I also remember that some of the lyrics to Rocky Horror were really puzzling...

This is a live version of it before he released it on "The River" in 1980
This gets looped inside my head several times a day :rolleyes:

That probably beats the heck out of the Brady Bunch theme song :D

New Threads

Top Bottom