• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this garbage?

Is the information in this link valid/ scientific

• Garbage

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Accurate

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Possible

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now that I'm back home at the computer and it's less of a hassle to type, let me respond to this post properly..

It is presumptuous for autistics to claim they know how NTs feel and for NTs to claim they know how autistics feel.

You could say that it's presumptuous for anyone at all to claim they know how other people feel, really.

The two types really don't jive with each other in the vast majority of marital relationships. Statistical data shows a significantly higher rate of divorce among NT/ASD marriages than among NT/NT marriages. What is the cause of that elevated divorce rate?

See, here's the thing. Very few marriages today last. And there are so many possible issues that can trigger a divorce. Of course people who have certain traits or problems will have a harder time keeping a relationship going. But does that mean they deserve to be vilified? Or discouraged from trying at all? Worst of all is when you assign those traits to every single person who has a certain disorder on paper and discourage people from even considering a relationship with them based on those prejudices.

I call BS on blaming only the NT for the marital discord.

I call BS on blaming only the aspie for the marital discord and showering the NT with sympathy. As if we're some kind of monster.

Perhaps all autistics should marry only fellow autistics and all NTs marry only NTs. That would reduce the bickering, finger-pointing, name calling and demeaning of each neurological type in those relationships and the proliferation of websites dedicated to NTs hating autistics and autistics hating NTs.

Segregation is always such a great solution.

It would make autistics feel "understood" at all times by their autistic spouses, NTs feeling "understood" at all times by their NT spouses, and facilitate more stable marriages for everyone.

NTs would feel understood at all times by their NT spouses? Good joke, friend. :wink:

Why would an autistic ever want to marry an NT, given NTs' alleged inability to understand and empathize with autistics? Likewise, why would an NT ever want to marry an autistic given the social, communication, and other characteristics that define autism?

Believe it or not, as much as I like to poke fun at NTs, I have nothing against them as a whole and I really like spending time with them. When they behave, that is. :wink:

Love is disabled too? :eek:

Naw...just blind. A very old idiom. That people get involved for all kinds of reasons regardless of any potential obstacles- and differences.

If there were a "list" of such couples I'd put James Carville and Mary Matalin at the top. The ultimate "odd couple". Though perhaps some might consider political ideologies to be a "disability" of sorts. Hard to say. ;)

Love & war with James Carville and Mary Matalin

LOL. You mean love as a form of disability? Hmmmmm. You may be onto something!

Last edited:
ac75 civil.png

Yep, the devil is in the details, isn't it?

Yes and it appears to be you. Because you have issues with your sister in law, you seem to support this Aspie hating mentality, which is frankly disgusting. Particularly considering that you claim to tutor autistic individuals. If I am accurate in my assessment after reading through several of your posts. And this one.

Aspie family member issues

Jog on

Yes and it appears to be you. Because you have issues with your sister in law, you seem to support this Aspie hating mentality, which is frankly disgusting. Particularly considering that you claim to tutor autistic individuals. If I am accurate in my assessment after reading through several of your posts. And this one.

Aspie family member issues

Jog on

You are totally mistaken about me and my attitude toward autistics. If I hated autistics as you claim, I certainly wouldn't have spent the last 20+ years dealing with autistics. What you don't like is my directness and refusal to sugar coat everything associated with autism.

Incorrect. Don't presume to tell me what I like and don't like. You are arguing in support of a glaringly biased and hateful website. Go troll somewhere else.

I've known people, both professionally and personally, who are supposed to be professionals : teachers, social workers and psychologists: who work with autistic kids and have appalling attitudes towards them. It's about power and a pay cheque.

The staff has decided to take action and close this thread to further replies because it is stirring conflict that is no longer productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom