• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there a childhood cartoon series that you are still a fan of?

At this moment I can't stand watching cartoons any more! It might change though.

Cartoons are the only shows I watch! I love Tom and Jerry, Pokemon (not the newest season though, its not that great), Fairly Oddparents ( older seasons, not newer), Ed Edd n Eddy, Spongebob (earlier seasons, not newer ones I hate the way the show is now), Powerpuff Girls, Dragon Tales, Arthur..... I could go on and on.

thundercats that was a good cartoon,they made a new series of it not long ago but it didn't last long.

Yer, I saw a bit of the newer Thundercats but didn't take to it.

There's a tv show that's started in the UK called The Goldbergs. It's set in the eighties, a comedy and focuses around a family. The youngest kid was showing a friend his toys and it sure did bring back memories! He even had a Castle Grayskull! I'm suprised a new version of He-Man hasn't been done as so many of the cartoons from when I was a kid have been re-made.

Yer, I saw a bit of the newer Thundercats but didn't take to it.

There's a tv show that's started in the UK called The Goldbergs. It's set in the eighties, a comedy and focuses around a family. The youngest kid was showing a friend his toys and it sure did bring back memories! He even had a Castle Grayskull! I'm suprised a new version of He-Man hasn't been done as so many of the cartoons from when I was a kid have been re-made.
Won't be long before they do a new he man cartoon I also think that they will probably do a live action since the first one didn't turn out well.

Won't be long before they do a new he man cartoon I also think that they will probably do a live action since the first one didn't turn out well.

Yeah, the first live action movie really didn't do well at all. Here's a review by the Nostalgia Critic:

The Flintstones, mainly cos I was, and still am, in love with Betty Rubble. Also the original Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles series, purely cos I was in love with April O'Neil, and finally the original Super Mario Brothers cartoon, because I was in love with Princess Toadstool.

Mine is she-ra since its both my avatar and also my username comes from the show aswell

I used to love this, have you seen the Secret of the Sword movie where He Man discovers She Ra's his sister? I went to see at the old ABC Cinema in Town circa 1982.

Apparently there is a new live action He Man film being made, there's loads of fake trailers on YouTube for it, yes, the 1987 one with Dolph Lundgren was crap, because of the annoying Gwildor character.

I've got too many to count - plus some live action kids programs I still enjoy every now and then. For now, I'll just stick with two similar shows:

1. Batman the Animated Series: A show made for kids but easily suitable for keeping adult audiences entertained at the same time. Dark, tragic and serious but at the same time funny and even a bit goofy; bottom line, it had something for everyone - even if you weren't a DC fan. The show took a lot of risks - introducing new characters such as Harley Quinn and Lock-Up as well as re-inventing the backstory for Mr Freeze - as well as slipping in some more questionable material. Not to mention the show had a great voice cast with Kevin Conroy as Bruce/Batman, Mark Hamill as the Joker, etc. (Adam West even took part in an episode called "Beware the Gray Ghost"). The show ran for four seasons and also had a trilogy of films (Mask of the Phantasm, Batman and Mr Freeze: Subzero and Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman), although only Mask of the Phantasm received a cinema release.

2. Batman Beyond: A sequel show that was also dark and serious but had plenty of funny moments too. Set in Gotham in the year 2039, an elderly Bruce Wayne (still voiced by Kevin Conroy) has had to give up been Batman, Barbara Gordon is the new Police Commissioner and both Dick Grayson and Tim Drake have moved on with their lives - with the mantle of Batman been passed on to a 17 year old teenager called Terry McGinnis in a new, highly advanced Bat-suit.
The story was great as it gave us a Batman origin story that we haven't seen a bazillion times, the new batman Terry is a guy who has been in trouble with the law and has put the suit on to try and make up for his past mistakes, Terry also has to try to balance his life as Batman with his schoolwork and social life and the future setting allows for some interesting creativity.
The array of villains is pretty awesome too. There was plenty of brand new villains such as Blight, Shriek, Curare, Mad Stan and the terrorist organization Kobra as well as new villains that paid homage to old Batman rogues as well as characters inside and outside the DC universe such as Spellbinder (Scarecrow/Mad Hatter), Inque (Clayface), the Terrific Trio (The Fantastic Four), Stalker (Kraven the Hunter), a new version of the Royal Flush Gang and a street gang called the Jokerz.
Finally, there were appearances both big and small of original Batman rogues such as Mr Freeze, Bane, Harley Quinn, Talia al Ghul, Ra's al Ghul and - most notably - the Joker (who appeared in the televised movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker).
The show ran for three seasons, had one movie and one spin-off show called The Zeta Project as well as a crossover with both Static Shock and Justice League Unlimited.

All in all, I enjoyed both these shows and still enjoy watching them both. :)

Last edited:
Anyone remember Star Blazers?
Bugs Bunny definitely!
Overture, cut the lights, this is it, we'll hit the heights! Who knows what heights we'll hit! On with the show, this is it!
He also had Christmas and Halloween specials. I remember the bit about Taz eating a string of red Christmas lights, and Bugs warning him to "watch out for that green one!" pretty funny.

I love animation. Even though it was way before my time I grew up watching alot of animation from the golden age. I really love Disney's Merry Melodies, 1940s Superman, and Loony Toons. I really think that animation suffered with the rise of television. Everybody started taking too many shortcuts and high production values didn't make a real comeback untill the late 80s or so.

New Threads

Top Bottom