• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is anyone obsessed with a musician/Music?

(older) Val Emmich, Heather Nova, Zhu, Ace of Base, Chang Chen Yue, Sky Ferreira, and Portishead are some of my favorites.

To me, there is nothing -- NOTHING -- like the band Muse.

Here's a Muse song called "Follow Me."
It starts with an annoying, syrupy-sounding beginning, but as soon as it picks up speed, it gets better and better. I liken the sound of Muse to the sight of fireworks above a bottomless pit.

I really like house music for two reasons. Electronically the sounds people can come up with are really innovative and interesting, like if you've heard dubstep, thats a pretty unique sound that probably wasn't possible before computers. But what I really like about house is how its so based around pattern detection and keeping track of the beat. Before this I rarely listened to any music, but now this kind of thing is all I listen to.

I have to narrow it down? Geez! Haha.

I'll say Joanna Newsom, because she's so bizarre, unique, and a songwriting and musical genius, and has a penchant for collaborating with some of the best musicians (including Van Dyke Parks, on her second album, which dropped when she was a mere 24 years old). She's either an acquired taste, or you hate her outright.

I've been mad on the singer, Meat Loaf since Christmas 1993 when I borrowed the copy of Bat out of hell II that my Uncle bought Dad, and been hooked ever since, seen him live 5 times, and seen 2 Meat Loaf tribute acts live.
I discovered Meat Loaf in the Rocky Horror Picture Show and got all his albums (Jim Steinman's some would say...). I became obsessed by Meat Loaf and Richard O'Brien. And Tim Curry, of course. I'd say everyone but Susan Sarandon...

Had to go further, seen and listened to Shock Treatment after that. A heavily underrated movie and soundtrack IMO. Always puts a smile on my face.

Then i discovered in this movie a very talented woman: Jessica Harper. Got to download 'Phantom of the Paradise', became obsessed with Brian de Palma, etc.

Had the same path with Tim Curry, had to get his albums (not that good), had to see all the movies he appeared in. Legend for example, where he plays the Lord of Darkness. Just as in a double épisode of Criminal Minds BTW. Must be a coincidence ;)

It's endless... Is it a blessing or is it a curse ? ;)

I've been a Cher fan since I was 10 years old, a Cyndi Lauper fan since I was 19, a Stevie Nicks fan since I was 24, and a light Weird Al Yankovic fan for as long as I can remember.

I've actually been lucky enough to have met Cyndi Lauper, but not lucky enough to have met any of the others. I would especially like to meet Cher, though! I follow her on Twitter, but she seems to favor many others over me. It's unfortunate, since I'm both a diehard Cher fan, and also very attached to how she seems as a person. According to Cyndi Lauper's staff (Cyndi has toured with Cher), Cher is actually quite motherly, which is something I tend to attach to.

I used to collect Cher CDs and Cher movies, Cher concert DVDs a Cher doll, a Cher t-shirt years ago, and have always wanted a Cher poster. I've seen Cher in concert three times.

With Cyndi, on the other hand, I collect CDs of her, DVDs of her, autographs from her (including an autographed Cyndi Lauper "Ladies of the '80's" Barbie Doll and a signed photograph and DVD). I also have a signed VIP backstage pass. I have a Cyndi Lauper sweatshirt and a Cyndi Lauper t-shirt. I've met her several times, and have seen her perform live several times. I even went to two live recordings of TV shows with Cyndi Lauper on them. I attended the Rosie Show, and Windy City Live to watch interviews.

Stevie Nicks I have unfortunately never seen in concert, but would love to! My favorite song just happens to be a Stevie Nicks song, "Stand Back". I absolutely love her fashion style!

Weird Al is probably the person I'm least obsessed with at this time, but still obsessed with. I bought my first Weird Al album when I was a child, and talked about how funny it was for days! I think after that, everyone was very tired of hearing about Weird Al! I am absolutely in love with his cult classic movie, "UHF", and hope to one day see him in concert if I'm able!

I tend to have on-again and off-again obsessions with my favorite bands/singers including 3 Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Green Day, Guster, Allister, Bonnie Raitt, Tracy Chapman, and lately Jesse McCartney-his earlier albums (don't judge, I have personal ties to him lol) As with Jesse, I tend to sometimes become particularly into/obsessed with bands/singers where I know someone in the band or affiliated with them

I'm very obsessed with music, it takes up most of my time - which musicians I get obsessed with kinda transitions from one to another quite erratically. I'm obsessed with the Rolling Stones a bit at the moment, mostly the Brian Jones era.

The lyrics have to be great for me to like it, so:

Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Steely Dan
Van Morrison
Gerry Rafferty
Concrete Blonde

All obsessions of mine.

I am obsessed with the band Jethro Tull. I have all their records on venal and CD. I have been to a few of their concerts.

I have always had obsessions over musicians. They started out with the typical teeny bopper stuff when I was 12 (Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC). We used to live in Japan and had dialup and my dad getting really upset at the bill all because I spent hours reading about the Spice Girls! With the teen stuff and all the marketing that goes with it, it's easy to fall into the rabbit hole because magazines and websites go into so much detail with their personal lives that you can't help but try to eat up every little thing.

As an adult, I have two bands I love and listen to everyday--Old Crow Medicine Show and Shovels and Rope. Fortunately, their personal lives are kept more or less personal, and I'm grateful for that because I would be wasting so much time digging! I'd still call it a deep obsession though.

After going to one of their concerts earlier this year I became quite obsessed with Maybebop.
They are a German a cappella group. Therefore their original songs are mostly in German even though they did English covers of some of them (for example, Fortress is the English version of their song Festung).
But they also do covers of popular songs such as Let Her Go (Passenger), Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) and Music (John Miles).

I have an eclectic taste in music that takes in things as diverse as post rock, Russian 1980s synth pop, treble soloists and Dark Wave, to name just a few. Currently one of the bands that I'm listening to most frequently is Beauty Of Gemina. In particular I really like their song Stairs, which I've played hundreds of times over teh past few days. The fact that there are two versions of the official video of the song appeals to me on some fundamental level too.

Music has pretty much always been my primary form of entertainment. I like to daydream and direct a music video in my head to it. So you could say I'm pretty obsessed with music. As of late, I've mostly been listening to slam brutal death metal, bestial black metal, hardcore punk, gangsta rap, and trap music. Here are some of my favorite songs at the moment. Most of the music I listen to is ugly, dark, hateful, and nihilistic, so consider yourself warned that you might not like what you hear, but those words all describe the state of affairs in my mind a lot of the time anyway.

Yes, as a child I was into ABBA and anything from Vince Guaralidi(Peanuts cartoon music). Still love that music, but add on anything from the Corrs and Disturbed. Mike

I go through various phrases of obsession with many different artists, but the artists who occupy my time the most:

- Prince
- Frank Sinatra
- Bruce Springsteen
- The Beatles
- David Bowie
- Bob Dylan
- Elton John
- The Rolling Stones
- Stevie Wonder
- The Beach Boys

I have some really obssesed seasons in which I just listen a band, but I could say my all time favorite is Metallica, it was the first rock/heavy metal I listened in my childhood and became hooked. Some otehr seasons I listen Lamb of God, Joe Satriani and Dream Theater, etc.

Yep. And Jimi Hendrix, Tom Scholz, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Dave Stewart, Prince, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Lindsey Buckingham, Mark Knoffler, Eddie Van Halen and Carlos Santana.

But that's just my list, and I know there are more one could add. :cool:

Yup - You simply cannot go wrong with any of that...

New Threads

Top Bottom