• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Imaginary Therapist o_O

DudBomb

When I am trying to fall asleep, I find my "self-talk" talking as if my therapist was in the room. It's a one sided conversation. I end up talking to my imaginary therapist, about talking to my real therapist, about talking to an imaginary therapist. I am not sure if it's therapeutic, or if it keeps me from talking about certain things with my actual therapist, because I've already talked to my imaginary therapist.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same experience. Don't worry, I have already talked to my imaginary therapist about posting.

No.
But when I was younger, I would have a voice in my head that narrated my tantrums. It was extremely frustrating and I would bang my head on things to try and make it stop.

I just refer to the process as tidying up my mind, and it's not confined to bed-time. It doesn't bother me though, I do find myself endlessly fascinating.

I laughed as your profile states you're self-diagnosed as well and were probably helped to realise you were on the spectrum by your imaginary doctor, imaginary neurologist and therapist, etc. :p Joking aside, welcome to the community. You'll be valued here.

I laughed as your profile states you're self-diagnosed as well and were probably helped to realise you were on the spectrum by your imaginary doctor, imaginary neurologist and therapist, etc. :p Joking aside, welcome to the community. You'll be valued here.

I think it unlikely that the imaginary doctor and imaginary
Therapist agree.....

When I am trying to fall asleep, I find my "self-talk" talking as if my therapist was in the room. It's a one sided conversation. I end up talking to my imaginary therapist, about talking to my real therapist, about talking to an imaginary therapist. I am not sure if it's therapeutic, or if it keeps me from talking about certain things with my actual therapist, because I've already talked to my imaginary therapist.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same experience. Don't worry, I have already talked to my imaginary therapist about posting.

HA! That is funny.

Well, I hate therapists. They have done me more harm than the person who beat me up and left me to die. THey really have. I hate them.

I did talk to one in my head when I had one.

I do talk to people all the time in my head. I don;t know why. I never have real conversations with people.

Yes actually I do this too. I play out discussions in my head talking to someone like a doctor about problems or areas of interest in my life. I don't know what good it does really, I don't get any answers from it, obviously. It's not even really helpful in a sense of preparation since these discussions never happen with a real professional. I don't know what it does really. Maybe it helps me digest thoughts or something?

New Threads

Top Bottom