• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i'm being re tested for aspergers

RooRoo

V.I.P Member
I get an iss check for disability however they are now saying i need to be retested after a year to prove i still have aspergers because i have a very mild case...
I don't really want to go but it's a must my mom said just give them my usual attitude of i don't care,i don't want to do this and i really don't want to answer
what seems to be a bunch of pointless questions to me... The only thing i'm good at with this test are the puzzles... i'm really bad with math and remembering
things and especially explaining things... i have to be at 3 meeting this week one with voc rehab so i can get started with school again and then with peak
who help me with my socializing and then my re testing... so i guess wish me luck i have 3 meetings back to back for tuesday, wensday and thursday.

good luck rooroo !! it seems abit stupid that you need retesting after only a year.. when you say you have a very mild case of aspergers, what symptoms don't you have?

it's the us system it's not the greatest in order for me to keep my check i have too do this and i also add the fact that they call this a mental exam i don't like being called mental or aspergers being referred to as mental.

the symptoms i don't have are noise and touch sensitivity although i don't like to be touched very often ..i dont mind crowds but when kids and teens are goofing off or just non stop being exstreamly loud with screaming i get a bit annoyed i have a jack Russel dog her high pitch braking gets annoying real fast but its annoying to everyone...

as far as aspergers i dont socialize well and rather not talk about things with people especially family .. i do have friends but for the most part id rather spend my time in my room.. i get aggregated easily and have a bit of a temper and sarcasm as well..i am bad in all subjects such as math,science and so on but at the time i did not know i had aspergers so im sure i wasnt taught in a way i could understand... i'm really bad at remembering something unless i feel it is important to me. I all so have fetal alcohol syndrome.

They're silly to think in the space of a year asperger's would disappear, and not everyone with it has sensory issues. What is 'fetal alcohol syndrome'?

before i was born my biological mom was a heavy drinker soo i have effects from it ..

Fetal/Foetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) is a pattern of mental and physical defects that can develop in a fetus when a woman drinks alcohol during pregnancy. The timing and frequency of alcohol consumption during pregnancy are major factors in the risk of a child developing fetal alcohol syndrome. While the ingestion of alcohol does not always result in FAS, there are no medically established guidelines for safe levels of alcohol consumption during pregnancy.[sup][citation needed][/sup] The current recommendation of both the Surgeon General of the United States and the British Department of Health is to drink no alcohol at all during pregnancy.[sup][1][/sup][sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup]

Alcohol crosses the placental barrier and can stunt fetal growth or weight, create distinctive facial stigmata, damage neurons and brain structures, which can result in psychological or behavioral problems, and cause other physical damage.[sup][4][/sup][sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup] Surveys found that in the United States, 10–15% of pregnant women report having recently used alcohol, and up to 30% use alcohol at some point during pregnancy.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup][sup][9][/sup] The main effect of FAS is permanent central nervous system damage, especially to the brain. Developing brain cells and structures can be malformed or have development interrupted by prenatal alcohol exposure; this can create an array of primary cognitiveand functional disabilities (including poor memory, attention deficits, impulsive behavior, and poor cause-effect reasoning) as well as secondary disabilities (for example, predispositions to mental health problems and drug addiction).[sup][6][/sup][sup][10][/sup] Alcohol exposure presents a risk of fetal brain damage at any point during a pregnancy, since brain development is ongoing throughout pregnancy.[sup][11][/sup]

Fetal alcohol exposure is the leading known cause of intellectual disability in the Western world.[sup][12][/sup][sup][13][/sup] In the United States and Europe, the FAS prevalence rate is estimated to be between 0.2-1.5 in every 1000 live births.[sup][14][/sup] The lifetime medical and social costs of FAS are estimated to be as high as US$800,000 per child born with the disorder.[sup][15][/sup]

Hopefully all will go well, I dont think either condition can be considered 'curable' even if there are improvements.

New Threads

Top Bottom