• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I NEED TO BE MORE SUBMISSIVE!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Guys I need serious help with a serious problem. As the years went on my anger at the world for treating me like it does has turned me evil and rebellious towards my parents and they're fed up. I fear that if I dont change something about myself soon I wont have a,family to fall back to after I do my One Day Runaway test. I've watched Ultrahypnosis' You Must Obey hypnovid but it only seems to work whenever someone tells me to do,something, not general conversation. Please, my fellow Sufferers, help me! What can I do?!

Do you think that you need to be more submissive? If so, why?
(I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I just would like to get a better sense of where you are coming from.)
Please, my fellow Sufferers,...
Sufferers...? Are you sure that you are looking for Aspies Central? Most people here consider their Aspergers to be a gift, if a misunderstood one.

You are angry at the world so you are 'evil and rebellious' towards your parents? What do you mean by this? And why do you feel you need to be more submissive? I think that being nicer would be a better goal than being more submissive, it is possible to stand up for yourself and what you want while also being kind, agreeable, and respectful. If you have anger management issues then I would advise you to see a doctor/therapist. Being angry, angsty and rebellious during your teenaged years is pretty much par for the course (making an assumption about your age here, sorry if I'm mistaken), but that doesn't mean that it is ok to make your parents miserable. If you want to behave better towards your parents then simply make a choice to do so and hold yourself accountable for your actions. You are the only one who dictates your own behaviour, and being 'angry at the world' is no excuse to behave in a way that you yourself do not find acceptable.

(What is a One Day Runaway test?)

First of all: don't run away. That's not going to help. Secondly, there are self help things out there you can use, some of which are aims at autistic individuals and others used for the general population with anger problems - CBT for anger is a good one. There are plenty of books you can read. The two I have on my shelf is 'Mind Over Mood' and 'Living Well on the Spectrum'. I haven't read all of both of them but they should offer you some help on dealing with your anger.

These sort of emotions are often a two way street though and the other side of the fence should have to deal with their problems, an example being be antagonising you - but I don't know, I don't know your situation.

Do you think that you need to be more submissive? If so, why?
(I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I just would like to get a better sense of where you are coming from.)

Sufferers...? Are you sure that you are looking for Aspies Central? Most people here consider their Aspergers to be a gift, if a misunderstood one.
I say "Sufferer" because many people look at our condition as one that sort of tortures us...

You are angry at the world so you are 'evil and rebellious' towards your parents? What do you mean by this? And why do you feel you need to be more submissive? I think that being nicer would be a better goal than being more submissive, it is possible to stand up for yourself and what you want while also being kind, agreeable, and respectful. If you have anger management issues then I would advise you to see a doctor/therapist. Being angry, angsty and rebellious during your teenaged years is pretty much par for the course (making an assumption about your age here, sorry if I'm mistaken), but that doesn't mean that it is ok to make your parents miserable. If you want to behave better towards your parents then simply make a choice to do so and hold yourself accountable for your actions. You are the only one who dictates your own behaviour, and being 'angry at the world' is no excuse to behave in a way that you yourself do not find acceptable.

(What is a One Day Runaway test?)
The One Day Runaway test was going to be a thing I'd do yesterday morning in which id run away from my home and sleep somewhere else for one night to see if BOTH my parents cared enough to come looking for me.

Guys I need serious help with a serious problem. As the years went on my anger at the world for treating me like it does has turned me evil and rebellious towards my parents and they're fed up. I fear that if I dont change something about myself soon I wont have a,family to fall back to after I do my One Day Runaway test. I've watched Ultrahypnosis' You Must Obey hypnovid but it only seems to work whenever someone tells me to do,something, not general conversation. Please, my fellow Sufferers, help me! What can I do?!
Go to www.aspergerexperts.com and I know you can find some help! blessings and good luck! Here is a link to some of their courses they are offering on sale but they also have lots of free video content. Spring Sale – Asperger Experts — Asperger Experts

I say "Sufferer" because many people look at our condition as one that sort of tortures us...
I don't think you will find many people like that on this site. My ahha moment came when I first realized that when Aspies and NTs accuse each other of being the cause of their stress, the real problem lies within themselves. On the emotional maturity scale, immature people blame others; marginally mature people blame God and highly mature people blame no one.

The One Day Runaway test was going to be a thing I'd do yesterday morning in which id run away from my home and sleep somewhere else for one night to see if BOTH my parents cared enough to come looking for me.
Sounds like you want to set yourself up for a self-fulfilling prophecy. Don't know your age or level of independence but if your mother and step-father can see this move as a way to solve their problem, then you may find yourself out on the street without the tools needed to adopt to a new environment. Far better to take such a step on your own terms. Work out an escape plan that will include room, board, and sustainment for at least 3 months. This will get you acclimated to living on your own. Then if your parents ask you to come back home,it will be on YOUR terms.

New Threads

Top Bottom