• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have questions for Aspies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very disturbed people on here..! Quite a few of you should really sort your lifes out...!

I'm confused as to this post? Why do you feel anyone who has replied to this thread is disturbed, or needs to sort their lives out? The OP was looking for information about Asperger's (albeit for very different reasons than most come looking for info).

I'm interested in learning about psychopaths as much as the next person, but - nothing personal here - I'm not too keen about being a target for one, benefit or not. I cannot handle manipulation so easily and have little interest in doing so to others, but we're not all cut from the same cloth. Fair enough, whatever works best for you :)

I can understand that it's in your nature to do so, but I think you should withhold your impulses here a bit so as to not offend or disturb others.

I've had some people try to manipulate me a few times and they got really frustrated because it didn't work. And the more frustrated they got the more it became apparent that they didn't understand me at all. Maybe psychopaths are just extreme NT's. NT's never understand me.

I did feel some unnecessary drama but it may have been unintentional. I apologize if I offended you :)

I am curious as to what drives you. What is it you want in life? Is there commonality in this among psychopaths?

That's ok. Actually I'm not really into being offended, so there's really no need to say sorry :)
I spoke to one psychologist one time who refused to use the word "psychopath". I asked her why, and she said it "stigmatizes", us. I replied that she's probably not a very good psychologist and should consider another career path given that she doesn't realise that it doesn't bother me or any of us whatsoever. Stigma and offence are irrelevant. The concept of standing there, then making offended facial expressions because someone has said something nasty seems really quite ridiculous, although having said that, I've done it plenty of times when need be.

The common factor that seems to drive factor 1 psychopaths is self achievement and gain. If I had to place it in a nutshell. Control is another issue, because generally we're better than many others at successful careers if you don't control others, then their performance will not be satisfactory. I've yet to meet a poor factor 1 grouping psychopath as a result, but the violent drug addicted factor 2's tend to be, and are completely the opposite to us. I've yet to meet one of those they move in different circles.

The biggest common factor is our ability to read people to an extreme extent and figure them out. I can figure out what causes a person pleasure or pain in a very short period of time, their desires, I can tell if they're lying, I can tell what they really want. I didn't realise I did it until I analyzed myself, but I look at all kinds of things. When I was a 7, I remember watching a mother of a school friend being told by a police officer her son was missing during very bad storm. (The end news wasn't good for her). But there is a particular reaction mothers give when hearing bad news of their children that's unique, her heart rate increased, I could tell as she started breathing through her mouth as the Adrenalin kicked in, her eyes widened, and her mucus membranes at the back of her nose started to water as she started swallowing more frequently. It was very difficult for me not to smile while I was watching it, my mother used to know I did this so taught me to bite the inside of my cheek when I felt a smile coming on, especially to stop me laughing at people at funerals.

Another thing I've learned. The only other person who's been able to ID me as to precisely what I am (outside of another psychopath), has been an Aspergers, and this is even while I'm wearing my best personality pack, and... I lied my ass off as well. Still figuring out what I did wrong.

I've always found psychology interesting and psycopathy also. I know there are many people that testing would label psychopathic that no one would know from being around them and no they don't all go on murder sprees. That is a subtype. I've never studied much on the difference between psychopath vs sociopath.
To put it as briefly as possible the original question was regarding the differences and likenesses between psychopaths and Aspergers?
I think the empathy score comes into play and it varies a lot between individual Aspies.
Perhaps the reason we are hard to read for the psychopath is the difference in why both can have a low EQ.
Aspergers with low EQ scores seem to not be able to read others or understand others feelings because how can you understand something you have never felt?
An example could be talk with someone who loves and finds great meaning in life due to grandchildren.
(this is just a random example) Aspies who never had the feeling of even wanting children cannot understand the feelings of said grandmother. Right?
That can cause a feeling of not fitting in with the NT.
The psychopath may not relate either. But, doesn't care they don't fit the NTs outlook. It doesn't bother them on a personal level that they don't know the NTs feelings. Is this correct?
Another good example is the photo test.
Monitor a psycopath's brain as they are shown an array of photos both of happy people and people who are in pain or being tortured. There is no difference in the emotional reactions as they watch.
There would be in an NT and a lot of Aspies. Is this correct?
The psychopath can act in most anyway that serves their purpose when interacting with another person.
The Aspie may find that difficult.
As far as remorse the psychopath may not be a serial killer but if they did kill for revenge or self defense they have no feelings about it. Again I keep asking am I getting this correct because I find it interesting.
I've known psychopaths that do feel certain emotions.
Some feel love so deep that when something goes wrong or they lose that loved one, THAT can be a trigger to start the killing spree type that was spoke of. Abuse and PTSD are triggers for some. And they are very good at 'head games' to manipulate or get back at someone who they feel deserves it.
Again, I think Aspies with low EQ is due to not being able to relate to specific feelings of NTs.
The psychopath just has no reaction to others or what they feel. Anyone want to add or correct me on this study please do. I am interested and neutral on the subject matter.

"The psychopath may not relate either. But, doesn't care they don't fit the NTs outlook. It doesn't bother them on a personal level that they don't know the NTs feelings. Is this correct?"

>> It's correct I don't care if I don't fit the NT's outlook. However you're wrong about me not knowing their feelings. I know specifically what each of their feelings are down to a fine art. I just don't really care what those feelings are. But I sure can mimic empathy like a boss.. we all can.

"Another good example is the photo test.
Monitor a psycopath's brain as they are shown an array of photos both of happy people and people who are in pain or being tortured. There is no difference in the emotional reactions as they watch."

>>Partially correct. I've done this test. For me at least, no change in happy people, but pleasure with the torture pics, although I did tell them they probably weren't bad enough and we all had a laugh about it actually. They were fine with it and had seen it all before.

"As far as remorse the psychopath may not be a serial killer but if they did kill for revenge or self defense they have no feelings about it. Again I keep asking am I getting this correct because I find it interesting.
I've known psychopaths that do feel certain emotions."

>>If I killed in self defence and there was no repurcussions I'd likely want to sell my story and make some $$ off it. I wouldn't feel remorse. As for revenge, you're wrong there, at least with me I don't have any desire for revenge. I'll get back what's mine, but in general we won't undertake unnecessary revenge for no reason at all. It's easier to write the person off and move onto and keep going forward.
I don't really know about love, I know about possessing people but not love itself, which is why I'm single and intend to stay that way.

Last edited:
Perhaps an exchange of information could be of benefit to both of us.

Well hello sales or senior management training. :)

My question is.. or one of them. I get an unusual feeling when one of you is about. I can pick you out now very quickly, your body language is different to the herd. Why is this?

We do not mirror NTs. We observe minute details around the room, what people are wearing and we do not follow small talk with a dumb raptured look on our faces. There is a calm control and lack of heard mentality. We would suck at pretending to be zombies.

So far I've been able to deduct is that some of you say inappropriate things and don't have emotions, and some have too much emotions, which is it? I'd like to know and I can't possibly ask this any place else without revealing to anyone what I am.

The inappropriate things are often observations that people are not comfortable hearing.

On the emotion front, both. Sometimes simultaneously. Sometimes those of us who have no emotion, regret, remorse or empathy, have meltdowns when we reach sensory overload. This will manifest as intense anger or sadness. Others are extremely sensitive and have the gift of empathy. Not everyone will exhibit all symptoms.

Unlike the rest, I try different methods to get a read on you and I get nothing. There's no hatred of you or anything more a odd curiosity.

Imagine you are talking to a robot, you can read the flashing led light. Now be happy with that because in some cases that is all you are going to get.

Might I add, no I'm not a serial killer, yes I'm high intel, that comes as standard with us, but I don't have the "collectors trait", so have no interest in things like that. There's no need to be alarmed.. many of us are stock brokers, lawyers and all kinds of careers. I'm no Hannibal.

I have the collectors trait, and obsessive personality, highly focused and high intelligence. Emotionally I flatline and have been described as having the 'emotional range of a teaspoon'. And I don't think I am capable of alarm.

However, if you do have the highly focused and obsessive personality then be aware of your interests and put them to good use.

Don't waste your talents by obsessing about psychopaths, and (there is a chance I am quoting marvel here) use your powers for good. Yes, I'm sure there are statistics that advocate most psychopaths have some antisocial personality disorder, but at the end of the day they still make choices and are in control of their own actions. Yes, we choose our mates on suitability and genetic compatibility, but at the end of the day, we are human and as such are still subject to conscience and we choose how we treat people. Just because we view people and situations objectively and CAN manipulate our environments, does not mean we should do.

Every great team is made up of different skill sets and it is important to appreciate each member for what they can contribute, whether that is heard mentality, empathy or lack thereof. It's not a case of people like us and people like them, for better or for worst, we are all in this life together.

Harrowing Adventure,

Thank you for answering, I have more questions for you. I never really understood the obsession with euphemisms either.

1) If people get to know you well enough do they being to suspect you are psychopath?

2) If you got something you value a great deal by sacrificing a family member who has been kind to you and it is guaranteed to be without consequences, would you do it? Whatever you get materially by doing this is of much greater value than having that family member.

3) Is it just material gains that interest you or is social status more important? How do you qualify success? If you could magically have anything you wanted without effort what would it be? Would it make you happy?

4) Do you crave for attention more than non-psychopaths? We all crave some attention, I am merely asking for the degree.

5) Are you able to recognize other psychopaths, and if so how are you able to distinguish psychopaths from non-psychopaths?

6) You walk in a forest and see a turtle lying on its back, do you have a desire to turn it over?

7) Do you ever wish you weren't a psychopath?

8) Do you prefer to deal with psychopaths or moral people?

9) Do you ever tire of pretending to be someone and feel desire to reveal your true self?

I realize this is a lot but you got me interested now. If you wish you may ask anything you like, as long as it's not my address :D

Last edited:
Same here. Thanks for reply.
I don't see why being interested in psychology is a bad thing. Many people interested in the field of medicine have interests in psychology and sciences.
However you're wrong about me not knowing their feelings. I know specifically what each of their feelings are down to a fine art. I just don't really care what those feelings are. But I sure can mimic empathy like a boss.. we all can.
Perhaps I need to clarify that statement. I can mimic also, but, it doesn't mean I've ever known the emotion personally. You say you experience no emotions?
I've experienced emotions, and wonder what it is like to experience none. No fear, anger, happiness, depression, love, hate, etc. Is motivation an emotion? What motivates someone to live without a reward of feeling something inside?
You listed self achievment and gain.
Then I would ask Why? What does it make you feel to obtain these?
They give me the feeling of satisfaction mainly.

Last edited:
Harrowing Adventure,

Thank you for answering, I have more questions for you. I never really understood the obsession with euphemisms either.

1) If people get to know you well enough do they being to suspect you are psychopath?

2) If you got something you value a great deal by sacrificing a family member who has been kind to you and it is guaranteed to be without consequences, would you do it? Whatever you get materially by doing this is of much greater value than having that family member.

3) Is it just material gains that interest you or is social status more important? How do you qualify success? If you could magically have anything you wanted without effort what would it be? Would it make you happy?

4) Do you crave for attention more than non-psychopaths? We all crave some attention, I am merely asking for the degree.

5) Are you able to recognize other psychopaths, and if so how are you able to distinguish psychopaths from non-psychopaths?

6) You walk in a forest and see a turtle lying on its back, do you have a desire to turn it over?

7) Do you ever wish you weren't a psychopath?

8) Do you prefer to deal with psychopaths or moral people?

9) Do you ever tire of pretending to be someone and feel desire to reveal your true self?

I realize this is a lot but you got me interested now. If you wish you may ask anything you like, as long as it's not my address :D

1) Only if they are a psychopath themselves, are highly educated in the field, or in some cases some aspbergers people can figure it out, or figure out something is different but not know what it is.

2) The problem is with the question, as I'd have to weigh up the value of each and the possibilities. Hypothetics are hard for me to answer. If the question was simply like would you sacrifice your mother for a billion dollars the answer would be an easy yes.

3) Material gains can lead to social status, but are more important. I qualify success financially and my ability to indulge in hedonistic activities that I like. Money.
4) It all depends on where that attention gets me, or what it gets me or what I get out of it.
5) Around 80% of the time within about 30 seconds of watching them talk. 20% of the others may be wearing their "mask/personality pack/person suit", or may be higher psychopaths than me so in those cases they can fool me also. But if I went through their possession or looked at their personal info I could soon still put 2+2 together. I can tell from their life pattern, the choices they've made in life, it's a combination of things from their career choice, right down to their clothing, way they talk, and certain facial gestures we have in common that only we tend to make. Many of us have a bad sense of smell, due to the way our brains are wired but I tend to think it's more we just don't care about purfumes etc much.

6) I don't desire to turn it over, but I probably would. Not out of pity. This stupid idea that all pscyhopaths are cruel isn't true. Jeffrey Dahmer, Bob Berdella and a range of serial killers all had and loved dogs. I may turn it over to see what happened, but I probably would turn it over.
7) No. Never. We're an upgrade. We're more intelligent, wealthier and more successful than NT's. Simply because some of us kill a few people, well.. so too do Aspergers who shoot up schools.
8) I don't have a large enough sample sized of dealing with other psychopaths to know, but moral people are easy to manipulate, especially the religious or the politically inclined, whether that be far left or far right.
9) I'm not pretending to by anyone else. I'm just putting on a front that works and I have a different one for each situation. I know this funny one works for this group of people and this serious one works here. They're all "me".

Same here. Thanks for reply.
I don't see why being interested in psychology is a bad thing. Many people interested in the field of medicine have interests in psychology and sciences.

Perhaps I need to clarify that statement. I can mimic also, but, it doesn't mean I've ever known the emotion personally. You say you experience no emotions?
I've experienced emotions, and wonder what it is like to experience none. No fear, anger, happiness, depression, love, hate, etc. Is motivation an emotion? What motivates someone to live without a reward of feeling something inside?
You listed self achievment and gain.
Then I would ask Why? What does it make you feel to obtain these?
They give me the feeling of satisfaction mainly.

I feel emotions. Psychopathy has a scale or a checklist and I am not at the top of it. If i was i wouldn't be bothering to do this. I felt great irritation when my cat died. When a man was cruel to a dog and was in the paper for bashing them to do death I looked up his name and address to see where he lived.
We can definitely feel emotion, just not in the same way as you, and we can also turn it on and off at our own choice.
I love self gain, because I can appreciate luxury and the feelings that it gives me is pleasure.
We can most definitely experience pleasure.

Aspergers does not motivate killing sprees. It just allows us to build more efficient tools/weapons/stratagems if we are so driven by co-morbid conditions like schizophrenia.

Our Aspergers-induced, enhanced engineering capabilities are neutral. Absent such co-morbid delusions, their use tends to be driven by a finely tuned sense of truth and justice.

Truth is incumbent on the engineering process.

There is no b in asperger.

They play games, weird games, they do things to destroy with no self benefit, irrational behavior and bizarre emotional things.

Well, how many psychopaths do you know who are open about it?

I used to know one for years. He claimed to be a psychopath, but did all the things you say only sociopaths do. In fairness he claimed to not be aware of any difference.

The OP was looking for information about Asperger's (albeit for very different reasons than most come looking for info).

I both agree and disagree. NTs come here and ask how to manipulate us, but usually just one of us, like a child or a boyfriend.

Simply because some of us kill a few people, well.. so too do Aspergers who shoot up schools.

If you mean the Sandy Hook shooter, I have two names for you: Dylan Klebold and that of the "I don't like Mondays" girl. But for all I know the rest are mostly neurotypicals.

Last edited:
We're an upgrade.
Actually, you're an anachronism. Galileo ran into the same resistance when he concluded that the Sun, not the Earth, was at the center of the Solar system.

A poor "theory of mind" means that we autistics are born with the same near-solipsism, but in our zeal for our various perseverations, we usually figure out that we are, in fact, not at the center of our own universes. (We wouldn't get very far into [our own perseverations], if we did not concede to that point right away.)

Last edited:
I both agree and disagree. NTs come here and ask how to manipulate us, but usually just one of us, like a child or a boyfriend.
It could go either way. Genuine love can also motivate an attempt at mutual understanding between NTs & autistics. I usually presume that to be the default motivation unless and until I see evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
...No. Never. We're an upgrade. We're more intelligent, wealthier and more successful than NT's. Simply because some of us kill a few people, well.. so too do Aspergers who shoot up schools....

It might not mean much to you as you've already described your stance on empathy, but let me just say that you're playing with fire when you make statements like that here on this forum. Take that however you wish.

Other than that, your responses have been pretty insightful and informative. To me, anyways :)

Last edited:
Harrowing Adventure,

10) You said that you felt pleasure at the torture pics. You also say that you are not cruel. If watching others get tortured pleases you why not torture others yourself? I understand that there is punishment and that it outweighs the pleasure you would get in return, but what if there was no risk of punishment? If you lived in a country that had capital punishment and torture for example, would you not want to volunteer for carrying it out anonymously?

11) Do you wish to have children in order to propagate your genes? If not, does it bother you that genes you view as superior will die out?

12) Any good reads on the subject of psychopathy you have picked over the years. I read The prince, some De Sade and much of the Satanic bible which are at least partly about psychopathy. Any other suggestions? Although I would not personally engage in amoral behavior (except for with amoral people) I still find the subject fascinating. Extreme positions are often insightful for me, even when they fail to convince me of the main points.

13) I appreciate your answers. Does it make any difference to you whether I say this or not?

14) You say that psychopathy is superior. I take it you mean as a whole rather than every part of it. For instance do you wish you did not find the torture of others pleasurable? I understand that it is a source of pleasure and we wish to maximize pleasure, but it has no other utility does it? What if this source of pleasure could be replaced with another source of pleasure that is considered appropriate (not that it can, just hypothetically). Then you could engage in it freely. In light of this, would you rather you did not find the torture of others pleasurable?

Many of the ones I have read about over the years do have autistic traits. Why should people not be free to say that autistics are very likely over-represented among mass shooters?

It might not mean much to you as you've already described your stance on empathy, but let me just say that you're playing with fire when you make statements like that here on this forum. Take that however you wish.

Just tried that empathy quotient test. I thought I'd get between a 20 and 40 out of 80.

I got a freaking 7... Wtf!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom