• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Hate Winter

We don't get the snowy winters here in the upper North Island, what we get are bleak grey days with constant damp, cold wind blowing, the odd hail storm, the air smells of coal or wood fires burning, everything is damp and everyone seems to be sick with a cold. Every so often we get fine days which a beautiful but frosty (but much better than the usual miserable greyness).

We don't get the snowy winters here in the upper North Island, what we get are bleak grey days with constant damp, cold wind blowing, the odd hail storm, the air smells of coal or wood fires burning, everything is damp and everyone seems to be sick with a cold. Every so often we get fine days which a beautiful but frosty (but much better than the usual miserable greyness).

That sounds "special" :p

I've always enjoyed winter around Christmas time, as it doesn't feel like Christmas to me without snow on the ground. But once it becomes mid January, I start to get really sick of snow. I also get cold really easily, which doesn't make going outside in winter fun.

I hate cold things and/or places. The one and only exception being dairy products... I cant even stand drinking water being cold, and will microwave it after getting it from the fridge.

So, needless to say, I cant stand winter either. What's worse, I live in Illinois, which I have nicknamed "Big Stupid Hole In The Ground". It snows alot here during the winter, most of which turns to ice. When it's not snowing, it's sliming. Which is basically this white & brown sludge that just ends up everywhere. And since this is the central region of the country, this is combined with the usual frequent storms that make even summer kinda crappy. Hail is fairly common and never surprising. I live in the middle of nowhere, so roads are either A: not plowed, or B: plowed badly, not helping at all. I refuse to drive on ice, and as such will spend most of the winter in this room, where all these electronics add to the heat produced by the heater.

I've wanted to get out of here for as long as I can remember. I'd kill to live down in the southern part of Florida, or perhaps out in the desert. I'd take sand and rock over rain, storms, snow, ice, and slime any day.

Winter is my least favourite season

1st- Spring - new life in the garden, and the promise of warmer and lighter days.
2nd- Summer - long sunny days (only sometimes, it's England after all), brighter coloured, lighter weight clothes and the smell of honeysuckle and wisteria etc but it can get too hot.
3nd- Autumn - a riot of colour, but cooler and wetter.
4th- Winter - less light, getting out of a warm bed into a cold room, condensation on the windows, the garden goes to sleep.

Winter is my least favourite season

1st- Spring - new life in the garden, and the promise of warmer and lighter days.
2nd- Summer - long sunny days (only sometimes, it's England after all), brighter coloured, lighter weight clothes and the smell of honeysuckle and wisteria etc but it can get too hot.
3nd- Autumn - a riot of colour, but cooler and wetter.
4th- Winter - less light, getting out of a warm bed into a cold room, condensation on the windows, the garden goes to sleep.
Yes, Vinca! I totally agree with this list. Spring is my most favorite as it is the season where new life begins.

The one and only thing I like about winter is relaxing in a hot bubble bath.
No bathing for this old boy. The first thing that hits the water is your dirty feet followed by your butt. Not something I want to lay in for any reason :D

No bathing for this old boy. The first thing that hits the water is your dirty feet followed by your butt. Not something I want to lay in for any reason :D

I agree. I have to have my shower. One at night to clean up with and one in the morning to wake up with. I honestly can not remember the last time that I took a bath. I get a kick out of telling people that. They always get a funny look on their face and take a step back.

I hate the cold slushy aspect of it all. No more motorcycles,performance cars or just sitting outside. Heating bills from hell,destruction of property and just plain gray and nasty all the time.

Anyone else share my thoughts on this?

How is it possible that there isn't a single 'Winter is coming' joke in this thread?

That reminded me of my first Corvette. In 1966, I bought a 57 Corvette just because I liked it. It was great, until it snowed. Then it was un-drivable. Needless to say, it was parked in the garage for the rest of the winter. Then I went back to my 4x4 pickup. If you live in Idaho and are a guy, you have a 4x4 something. There is a 4x4 Corvette driving around in Boise.

New Threads

Top Bottom