• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate grocery stores.

Risky business here. Approaching strangers with hostile intent.
In America (home of the free, land of the crazies), yes I'd probably agree with you (afterall, you have guns legally in this the 21st century- case and point, game set and match). Elsewhere in the civilized world you've got a fairer chance.

I have much more horrific and cruel words in my mind than my sweet, innocent face lets on.
Such as - "You stupid NT ............, why don't you stop following others like a lost sheep and be yourself, if you even know how".
Not sure what you'd be saying if it were another fellow aspie lol.

In America (home of the free, land of the crazies), yes I'd probably agree with you (afterall, you have guns legally in this the 21st century- case and point, game set and match). Elsewhere in the civilized world you've got a fairer chance.

Actually all I was trying to say is that negative actions can have consequences.

Ironic that your xenophobic and condescending comment reflects more of the problem than the solution. I'd expect a "civilized" people not to be so inclined to insult total strangers- or entire nationalities, period. If someone is so prone to disparaging others over their nationality, I suspect they'd be equally as belligerent over a parking space as well or even a sporting event. On either side of the pond.

Why must people feel such a basic need to approach complete strangers without any real need- let alone in such a negative fashion ?

It's not much to ask IMO. To live and let live...to leave people alone altogether so they can go about their jobs or their lives without malice or uninvited courtship rituals.

Last edited:
Such as - "You stupid NT ............, why don't you stop following others like a lost sheep and be yourself, if you even know how".
Not sure what you'd be saying if it were another fellow aspie lol.

Regardless of if they're NT or Aspie, if they're rude, and depending on just how rude they are, it'd be more like, "I hope you get torn to pieces and eaten alive in front of your children - if someone was dumb enough to have them with you - and go to hell, you moronic scumbag."
(That's the clean version)

Actually all I was trying to say is that negative actions can have consequences.

Ironic that your xenophobic and condescending comment reflects more of the problem than the solution. I'd expect a "civilized" people not to be so inclined to insult total strangers- or entire nationalities, period. If someone is so prone to disparaging others over their nationality, I suspect they'd be equally as belligerent over a parking space as well or even a sporting event. On either side of the pond.

Why must people feel such a basic need to approach complete strangers without any real need- let alone in such a negative fashion ?

It's not much to ask IMO. To live and let live...to leave people alone altogether so they can go about their jobs or their lives without malice or uninvited courtship rituals.

Yes ok perhaps I went too far in that response given that knives are everywhere (not just America) and someone could pull one on the person they're arguing with.

You are probably right about us here in the States...we ALWAYS shoot first and ask questions later because we are unsophisticated and respect no one's opinions ;)

That's how I solve ALL of my disagreements with others :p

Can I join you at one of your drunken football hooligan events? They sound like a nice and relaxing way to top off a day at the game in peace and harmony beating the living crap out of each other over your favorite team :D

I went in to a shoe store the other day and as soon as I walked in the door I was set upon by over friendly employees who greeted me like an old friend. it is really annoying. No sooner did I shake off one, two others seemed to appear, it is as if they come up out of the floor, I blinked and there was another one. I eventually became so nervous that I left with out purchasing any thing.
There seems to be no middle ground, either the clerks are rude or they follow at your heels like a dog. I feel bad being rude to them as I know they are forced by management to greet customers, or "guests" as they are told to call them. I often wonder how many people really like being accosted by clerks while they are trying to shop.

Ah good, You know what i think about your countries unhealthy obsession for firearms and you know I'm right. :p:eek:;)
You know what? You are sooo right it's scary. Find out what it will take for me to come live near you where I just know I'll be safe.

I lived in a very small town when I was in high school.
I could walk to downtown in half an hour.
I liked grocery stores.
I used to walk around in the store looking at stuff,
for an hour, and then walk home, usually not having
bought anything.
I just liked see all the stuff lined up on the shelves.
All the food.

I don't spend my time that way now, but I don't
normally hate grocery stores, either. Some of them
are preferable to others, however.

I've only known I've got Asperger's for less then 2 years now, so I'm making it up as I go. I don't like grocery stores, either; too many rude people who decide to bring ALL of their ill-behaved children and park their carts in the middle of the aisle.

What I do is to forgive myself when I know that the situation was 'Aspergery' - I find that to be relatively easy to do as merely finding out I have AS let me let go of a lifetime, literally, of self-blame and guilt.

It's ok to be sensitive, and it's ok to ruminate (that's what it's called when you chew on something repeatedly. What that is is your brain trying to make sense of the situation, and failing). It's also ok when the thoughts come up about how rude that woman was to think about letting go and that you don't need to deal with that as it's in the past, that you would never do that because you have better manners, and that your children will never see or hear you be that rude because you provide them with a better example.

(((Lemon))) That is so rude!!! She was rude. I hate Trader Joes/ The first time I went in there, they rang that damn bell over and over. I wear earplugs anywhere I go now. ANYWHERE even the library because you never know. I was in one once and they set the fire alarm!! I learned.

Now on occasion I bite at people, so just being Aspie does not mean you're always the sensitive one . I had a head injury and was telling people to F off. Once a guy told me to watch where I was going when I was running ON THE PATH and boy I shredded him so bad he stopped and I kept going like I was insane. He backed off so fast.

That is why I am happier mute. After my facial injuries I went mute so I do not have to talk. If I don't talk it is not too noticeable.

I do not miss interacting with most people. Maybe 1. I do miss my family but I am beat now. I am ONLY trying to remain alive and not kiill myself at this juncture.

I agree with you about not liking grocery stores, I am the same way. in and out and i am done. I buy the same thing all the time too.

I like to cook,so the grocery store is an adventure to me. My local grocer cuts their own meat and they have a fair selection at a reasonable price. If they don't have what I want,a short trip down the roadway places me in a local butcher shop with an attached grocery store. It's never like there are too many people in either store due to the hours I go there.

I used to go to Trader Joe's when I was in the city and I agree,the place can be a nightmare,but once again,you can get food you don't see just anywhere.

I get the same way when I shop. Shopping in general just overwhelms me. Stores are crowded and noisey and I just can't handle it. I also get the same way when someone says something rude to me. I cry and end up thinking about it for the rest of my life. Plus I also worked in a few grocery stores and it was a complete nightmare.

I like to cook,so the grocery store is an adventure to me. My local grocer cuts their own meat and they have a fair selection at a reasonable price. If they don't have what I want,a short trip down the roadway places me in a local butcher shop with an attached grocery store. It's never like there are too many people in either store due to the hours I go there.

I used to go to Trader Joe's when I was in the city and I agree,the place can be a nightmare,but once again,you can get food you don't see just anywhere.
I also like to cook, but hate shopping.

New Threads

Top Bottom