• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Frequently Flashback to Camp

KwiSpen

It's been about a decade now. I fell to pieces at the summer camp I was attending at the time. Long story short, I was bullied pretty severely, at least that is/was my perception at the time, and was turned down in love, which led to an attempt at self harm and my departure from the camp.

I talked about it here some time ago, but didn't receive much in the way of feedback. I don't know how to approach the situation now. Thoughts about the time often come through, but right now I feel preoccupied with it and can't get it out of my head. I spent entirely too long today Facebook-stalking former campers and I feel ashamed again. I keep thinking about that situation, and how it could have been avoided. I don't think I feel necessarily helpless, but I am rather distraught.

Sorry if this is sort of rambling, but I need to put some words down. Any input? I'm sort of aimless right now because of this.

Don't really know how to respond to this, if it was as you say a decade ago. Think that many of these instances happen in peoples lives, and that they eventually learn after some time to make peace with those ruminations.

How you do that, by writing about it or thinking about it has much to do with the why of it all. That you chose this particular instance, when there have likely been many, must mean something to you. That you are attempting to figure out, perhaps something about your character, that you want to understand.

I have no advice nor can I offer any solutions, people replay instances in their lives to make sense of them. It's a process of understanding self, something only you can do.

Last edited:
Flashbacks are the pits! Have you tried journaling about it?
I did here. I guess that's the best I can really do.

Don't really know how to respond to this, if it was as you say a decade ago. Think that many of these instances happen in peoples lives, and that they eventually learn after some time to make peace with those ruminations.

How you do that, by writing about it or thinking about it has much to do with the why of it all. That you choose this particular instance, when there have likely been many, must mean something to you. That you are attempting to figure out, perhaps something about your character, that you want to understand.

I have no advice nor can I offer any solutions, people replay instances in their lives to make sense of them. It's a process of understanding self, something only you can do.
I guess I'm trying to figure out how to get over it. I go through periods that it doesn't affect me much, and periods of the opposite.

New Threads

Top Bottom