• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic I can't take it anymore! I'm thinking of committing suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You tell your parents the truth.
Look, kid, I feel for you, but I can't magically make you feel better. If you want something to change, you're going to have to take matters into your own hands. Talk to your parents. Call your doctor. Get help now. Don't make excuses. Shooting down every suggestion in this topic sure as hell isn't going to make the bad thoughts go away.
This is not me getting mad, this is me trying to get through to you.

I talked to my parents about this a lot of times already and they keep on saying to me that I should move on and stop thinking about the past.

You are going to need to see a doctor, and I think it would be much more useful to do so alive.
Obviously, at the moment, your parents are unable to understand the situation, but you shouldn't let that stop you. It is only an obstacle if you decide it is one. I'm sure you're not choosing to lack will to help yourself, but don't let that feeling overpower you.
Surely your doctor is not the only one in town? Are there any that are closer?

I would have suggested calling 911 and indicating when you take Concerta, you have suicidal urges and need help right now, but then I remembered certain states have very weird laws that penalize suicide attempts, and I also fear this would have you committed, which I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

But seriously, like Bolletje is telling you to do, get on Google (you can do it: you're able to navigate this forum, so you're skilled enough for Google). Get on the White Pages. Type your doctor's name and the city. Pick up your phone, and call. Now. If they're not in, you'll leave a message on their answering machine explaining how you feel, and trust me, they will call you back and advise quickly once they get that message. That way you don't even have to fear that maybe you're interrupting, or calling at some unauthorized time, etc.

here is a fact you are legally an adult
not a minor (thats another legal name for someone below the age of 18)

My parents give me no choice about work. It's either that I go to work and be productive or I find another house. I don't think i'm ready for work at all yet.

Last thing I'm saying in this topic before I leave it:
I you're really suicidal, I think it would be wise for you to appreciate how everyone here is trying to help you and how you're shooting down every suggestion on how to help you out of your current predicament. YOU need to take action. I can understand the hesitation in telling your parents, but if you don't, then nothing changes. You feel uncomfortable talking to them about a visit to the psychiatrist, I get that. You know what's a lot more uncomfortable? Having a loved one kill himself. The options are all spelled out here in this topic, so stop making lame excuses and get yourself some proper treatment.

If you're not actually suicidal, but just want to vent, I consider it in incredibly poor taste to talk about wanting to end it all on a forum where many people are actually struggling with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis, or have lost loved ones to suicide.

Some peoples parents are cripplingly overbearing to the point of being insane. Let's give Ephraim the benefit of the doubt here, please. Assuming your parents really do have to be manipulated (for your own good).

Here's how: Submit to them, even if it's fake. Cry if you can. Ask them please to help you get a doctors appointment to plan weening you off Concerta. Tell them you'll never be able to work, let alone function on it. Emphasize that they would look bad to others if they didn't help you.

If you're not actually suicidal, but just want to vent, I consider it in incredibly poor taste to talk about wanting to end it all on a forum where many people are actually struggling with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis, or have lost loved ones to suicide.
^This was my thought exactly.

Everyone has given you very good advice. I am not going to put in my two cents because I would just be reiterating what everyone else has said.

I feel you you dear. I would agree that you will need to contact a doctor. The only other advice I can give is that if you are feeling judged and your emotions are overwhelming, do nothing for a while. Do not interact with anyone. Isolate yourself for some time. Maybe go for a walk or read something you like. Suicide is a one way trip to non-existence and one could miss out on a lot if one goes that route.

You need to call or walk to your doctor's office.
Courage can be found along the way there, with each step bringing you closer to help.
When someone at the doctor's office understands better, you can get the help you need to become more stable and well.
Make that call, or take those steps. Best success!

When I was just a little older than you (23, I think) I was in a really awful car crash, I rear ended some guy's truck because my ADHD made me distracted. I had this crash in a really corrupt suburb, and told the police I didn't need medical attention. They just told me that I didn't have the right to refuse medical attention, strapped me to a board, and threw me in an ambulance, which took me to the local hospital for several hours of x-rays to see if my spine was damaged despite me telling them that I had no back/neck pain. Of course, after that is when the bills started rolling in-the ambulance ride, the x-rays, the doctors, etc. I called the hospital and they said that none of their providers recognized Medicare/Medicaid, so pay up. I begged my mom to just pay these guys since every time I called them they said that they don't recognize most insurance. My mom said to keep hounding them. I didn't have the courage, like you. My mom said she didn't have the money, and my SSI at the time was around $650/mo, and the bills totaled something like three months income! I finally got them to back off. You will just have to take the bus or a cab to your psychiatrist's office and get help. You are an adult legally and your parents CAN NOT stop you from going to your doctor. This is a learning experience.

Ephraim, here is a suicide hotline that is national. It will at least give you someone to talk to, and probably other help as well:

tel:1-800-273-TALK

If you are not up to calling your Doctor or walking to the office, then you can call the above number to get the help you need right away.

Ephraim, for the longest time I hated myself. But there was a deep love for myself that I never knew, but on a deeper level, I was aware of. That love caused me to reach out to others, even though I had no others to reach out to. I called the suicide hotline myself. The hotline did wonders for me. The people talked with me. They understood me. They directed me to a great counselor. It is anonymous. If anything else, call the hotline and hear another person's voice. It certainly helped me and I want it to help you.

I feel you right now.

Sounds like you meds aren't doing you much good, perhaps talk to you doc about this. It is not uncommon for people to not believe you when you tell them about suicidal thoughts, if it wrecks their perfect image, then they likely won't listen. As for the mean folk, they suck don't they? Sometimes I think that people need a mute button.

I agree with what was said here about calling your doctor and taking action. You currently have tunnel vision and maybe view yourself as someone who's not worth it.

Well YOU ARE WORTH IT. If you can't bring yourself to call/walk to the doctor's office for yourself, then do it for your siblings. They'll want their big brother alive and happy eventually, so do it deliberately if you have to.

When I was suicidal, I also felt like the world would be better off without me, but I realized now that merely existing can make (positive) ripples in the lives of those around you. "Those" may refer to people, heck, they can refer to your cats or dogs, but definitely, you just being around is a whole lot better than you being gone. Being gone just helps yourself.

I apologise if my previous response was too callous.
Suicide is a difficult thing for me to discuss because of my dad and I have trust issues, so I often think people are not being sincere when talking about suicide. Forgive me for assuming this may be the case with you.

Concerta is a terrible medication imo. I was on Concerta last year and it made me furiously angry all the time and caused me to have violent thoughts. I would advise talking to your doctor and getting off the Concerta asap.
You have been given wonderful advice already by your fellow members. I will second calling the suicide hotline if you truly are feeling suicidal and if your parents aren't helping you.

I have been in your shoes before, where I was wanting to end it and I did not want to ask for help. However, after losing my dad to suicide and seeing the devastating impact it has, I can tell you firsthand that it is not worth ending your life over issues that can be fixed.

Sounds like you meds aren't doing you much good, perhaps talk to you doc about this. It is not uncommon for people to not believe you when you tell them about suicidal thoughts, if it wrecks their perfect image, then they likely won't listen. As for the mean folk, they suck don't they? Sometimes I think that people need a mute button.
When I don't take the concerta, I have very little energy. My psychiatrist prescribed the concerta for me to limit my impulsiveness.

I asked my mother when she's going to call the psychiatrist about the concerta causing the depression, and she said to me that she'll try tomorrow.

Yeah, call your doc NOW and tell him to take you off the Concerta. SSRI antidepressants are notorious for actually CAUSING suicidal depression in some people. Even worse, when you go off them you go into a horrible withdrawal period where you think about suicide 24/7. Antidepressants are really dangerous stuff, yet the FDA doesn't seem to care. Your parents don't seem to be that bad, I think your problem is that danged Concerta SSRI.
Concerta is actually normally prescribed for ADHD :)
It is a stimulant and I believe it is in the same family of medications as Adderall and is essentially the same thing as Ritalin. I have been on all of them, I would know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom