• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hi

corine

I am an 15 year old girl in an Australian state high school. I am diagnosed with ASD.
I am just explore what that means and how it affects me.

I have been told that my brain is slow then other and that I wont go far but im trying to do the opposite.
I go to school and get bullied for who I am what I am. everyday im scared to leave my family and try new thing I listen to music to keep calm to stop them from hurting me.

I go to a therapist to try get thou everyday but at the moment i have to be with some or i will get really down and want to die or not be noticed I try to fit in so people will leave me alone

im ASD im not smart it show when im doing something I have to be moving around or have something in my hands im not able to communicate with other , i get anger really easy when being talk to wrongly

Welcome Corine :)

There’s no bullying here & plenty of people your age to talk to (even some fellow Aussies), who are going thru & dealing with the same things that you are so have fun digging around the many forums here & don’t be afraid to post if you can’t find a conversation already going on that you want to talk about or chime in on……

I am an 15 year old girl in an Australian state high school. I am diagnosed with ASD.
I am just explore what that means and how it affects me.

I have been told that my brain is slow then other and that I wont go far but im trying to do the opposite.
I go to school and get bullied for who I am what I am. everyday im scared to leave my family and try new thing I listen to music to keep calm to stop them from hurting me.

I go to a therapist to try get thou everyday but at the moment i have to be with some or i will get really down and want to die or not be noticed I try to fit in so people will leave me alone

im ASD im not smart it show when im doing something I have to be moving around or have something in my hands im not able to communicate with other , i get anger really easy when being talk to wrongly
Hi Corine and welcome to AC ill be your friend and protect you. How do you like your Australian state high school ? your gonna go far and do great because your a good person Corine. I personaly feel sad when i heard the part about you get bullied. if you ever need any advice or help let me know.

Your New Friend Gary.

welcome.png

Hi Corine! I'm Nemo! I'm a Aussie student too. I have depression, aspergers and anxiety.

I add my hellos to you, too, Corine.

I was told similar to you when I was younger than you and then at 16, that I would not amount to much, as I am stupid, but as you grow, you will discover you are not as stupid as you have been made to believe.

15 is a difficult age anyway, but add aspergers and whoa not a good mix.

You are not alone anymore, sweetheart.

Hi Corine. It's so nice that you've come to us for help, I hope we can make a difference for you. I think you're in the right place, nobody will talk to you wrongly in here! Maybe it's difficult for you to communicate with some people, but you are already communicating with us. Thank you.

Welcome :)

You should ignore whoever is telling you this. It's not helpful to you in the least, and quite frankly it's rubbish. You may do really well academically if you were given the right support. You may not do great academically but have massive talents in other areas. Telling people they'll basically never amount to anything, whether ASD or NT is of no help and only serves to make people feel like they're worthless.

Ah, yes, school. The epicentre of many psychological dents in my mind. I had better experiences than others but I got bullied numerous times even then, sometimes physically. I don't know how these child vermin who have now grown up to be somewhat vaguely similar to humans in appearance are able to live with themselves now with the knowledge of the horrible things they did to other people. Quite perplexing. The real kicker is that I'm the one who get recurring memories of terrible things I've done in the past! Things no where near as bad as what they've done!

At any rate I hope you may find a place here for you, a refuge away from the horrors of sociality, the monsters who roam freely in this world.

giphy (9).gif

I was diagnosed around the same age. Sixteen. I hated school too. I had very few friends with whom I never seemed to have classes with. I didn't like being teased all the time either and, like you, listened to my iPod whenever I could at school. I didn't get into special education services until grade 10 for my then ADHD diagnosis, which was only an IEP. I didn't get services besides that until grade 12. I hope you can find your way through school safely. If you ever want to talk, I'm hear to listen, as I'm sure many other members are too.

Last edited:
Welcome to Aspies Central. Sometimes parents and teachers don't understand just how much bullying goes on at school. Sometimes, they don't understand that things that work in the adult world don't work in the children's world.

hay guys I wanted to say thank you of what you said and it was all really nice and its helping me go thou these day when I am at school thank you again

You're not alone in this world. I live here in the US and school was a living hell for me. I did public, private and boarding school and none of them ever work. The number 1 problem for me was getting along with the other kids. I could never do it. One of the things I did was get my GED and then drop out of school altogether. I don't know if they have a GED type thing there in Aussieland, but I would look into it ASAP before the mental scars of being in school start adding up.

New Threads

Top Bottom