• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi there

JazzJohannes

Hi there,

I have just a few days ago self-diagnosed myself together with my fiancée, that I have Asperger's Syndrome.

Ever since I came to that realisation, I felt a massive relief and a weight lifted from my shoulders. My life suddenly made complete sense, my awareness in my day to day activities was raised on so many levels.

Even though I have Asperger's, I have my priorities set on managing it better and not completely living it out, so to speak. Being healthy is a big part of my life.

I just thought I'd share an article that I am reading at the moment, which helped me tons lately: Marc Segar: A survival guide for people with Asperger syndrome

It's really amazing, and I wish I had this when I was younger.

Other than that, I hope you are having a great day, and can't wait to connect with you guys on some level.

yours
JazzJohannes

upload_2017-8-18_17-38-49.png

welcome to AC
diagnosed 19 months ago
Hi there,

I have just a few days ago self-diagnosed myself together with my fiancée, that I have Asperger's Syndrome.

Ever since I came to that realisation, I felt a massive relief and a weight lifted from my shoulders. My life suddenly made complete sense, my awareness in my day to day activities was raised on so many levels.

Even though I have Asperger's, I have my priorities set on managing it better and not completely living it out, so to speak. Being healthy is a big part of my life.

I just thought I'd share an article that I am reading at the moment, which helped me tons lately: Marc Segar: A survival guide for people with Asperger syndrome

Other than that, I hope you are having a great day, and can't wait to connect with you guys on some level.

yours
JazzJohannes

Welcome Johannes,
And congratulations on starting that journey. It gets even better with time (occasionally challenging, too).

Last edited:
Hi there,

yours
JazzJohannes

Hi Jazz Johannes. Welcome to AC!!!

Most of us have been through or are still going through dealing with a new diagnosis and/or self diagnosis of Aspergers or other parts of the Autism spectrum. We understand what it is like.

You will probably like it here.

New Threads

Top Bottom