• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello you all!

Lanastei

So, just wanted to introduce myself. :) Hello you all, my name is Valentin, I'm a 19 years old and live in Switzerland. I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at around the age of 11.

Currently, I'm studying Computer Science and will soon finish my first year. I love to read books and I'm also interested in Manga/Anime. In my spare time, I play the harp, and I recently started to sing.

Due to my social awkwardness, I failed to make any friends at my university :sweatsmile:, and thus I wanted to join this forum to be able to talk to some people. By the way, it's my first time joining any kind of forum :eek:

So, that is all from me. If I've forgotten to add anything, feel free to ask!

So, just wanted to introduce myself. :) Hello you all, my name is Valentin, I'm a 19 years old and live in Switzerland. I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at around the age of 11.

Currently, I'm studying Computer Science and will soon finish my first year. I love to read books and I'm also interested in Manga/Anime. In my spare time, I play the harp, and I recently started to sing.

Due to my social awkwardness, I failed to make any friends at my university :sweatsmile:, and thus I wanted to join this forum to be able to talk to some people. By the way, it's my first time joining any kind of forum :eek:

Hi Lanastei. Welcome to AC!!!

Social Awkwardness R Us. You came to the right site. You are sure to fit right in here. I saw the bot announce your arrival in the chat, but you did not respond to greetings. That is not required here since we are mostly socially inept and lurkers are common. However, that will not help your goal of making friends here.

Look around and get comfortable and then start posting so you can get acquainted. This is a good start.

Thank you! Sorry because of the chat, I landed there rather by chance when I was clicking through the different pages, that's why I didn't stay there. But I'll respond next time!

it was almost the same for me .IVE joined another forum but its specifically for a disease i know a lot about and partly because of bereavement .
Im in England- never made friends at college .
one thing be very cautious about putting your email address on the public pages as you never know who is reading what you post .
i stayed in a village called Wengen nearly twenty years ago ,so Switzerland has been ticked off my list of places to visit .
i like sketches botanical and sketches of nature also art (oil painting) before the 20th century .
also reading ,animals ,wildflowers
. Im a Christian Zionist

Thank you! Sorry because of the chat, I landed there rather by chance when I was clicking through the different pages, that's why I didn't stay there. But I'll respond next time!

No problem. We are allowed to mess up here. Catch you next time. Have fun here.

i did the same thing ,i think Im too stressed and physically weak to use the chat room

Yeah, it's somehow really terrifying :confused:
i did the same thing ,i think Im too stressed and physically weak to use the chat room

Don't worry about it. Use the chat when you feel ready. Lurking is ok on here too. Lurking might give you a chance to try out the chat in a painless way. You could start posting in the chat when you feel ready. Just have fun. Things will get easier for you.

welcome.png

Hiya

First, wow your English is fantastic! Unless you are English and living in Switzeland lol

You are sure blessed to find this forum and it being your first, because as forums go, others are bound to put one off, as did me, but I decided to give this one ago and best decision.

Even online, I find it hard to "make friends" and rarely initate any conversations.

It is a lonely world, to be surrounded by people who just seem to get it about friendships and you are the one who just cannot grasp the friendship rules.

Due to the internet, I see tons of photos with groups of people smiling and seeming to have fun and feel a pain in my heart, that I am not like that.

Aspiecentral takes away that feeling, because eveyone makes you feel that you are not the odd one out, since we are all the "odd" ones out, which actually, makes us "normal" and generally the table is turned, as NT's are the "old one out" lol

Hiya

First, wow your English is fantastic! Unless you are English and living in Switzeland lol

You are sure blessed to find this forum and it being your first, because as forums go, others are bound to put one off, as did me, but I decided to give this one ago and best decision.

Even online, I find it hard to "make friends" and rarely initate any conversations.

It is a lonely world, to be surrounded by people who just seem to get it about friendships and you are the one who just cannot grasp the friendship rules.

Due to the internet, I see tons of photos with groups of people smiling and seeming to have fun and feel a pain in my heart, that I am not like that.

Aspiecentral takes away that feeling, because eveyone makes you feel that you are not the odd one out, since we are all the "odd" ones out, which actually, makes us "normal" and generally the table is turned, as NT's are the "old one out" lol

Thanks! It's true that I normally only speak/write in German and French, as I was born in Switzerland. I try my best to improve my English tough, happy to hear that it is not that bad:)

I'm relieved to hear that AC is a good site, and happy to now be part of it:D And yes, I can absolutely relate to what you're writing about friendship. I often get the feeling that it's my fault for not trying hard enough or such, which can get me pretty down sometimes. But it's a relief to see that there are other people with similar difficulties.

hi @Lanastei welcome to the forum, you are among friends here - I hope this forum helps you as much as it has helped me understand/come to terms my Aspergers.

Computer science, cool subject:).

New Threads

Top Bottom