• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello. I'm Samantha.

Wanderinginthewoods

"Always love who you are as a person."
Hello. I joined this Forum because I have a boyfriend who has Aspergers and I thought this Forum would be helpful. Hope it's okay that I'm here, even though I don't have this disorder. I'd like to make some friends here if I could. I don't judge people and I'm a very patient person. I'll be direct as possible to asking you questions. My boyfriend is always very direct and honest with me. This is something I love about him. :)

upload_2017-8-17_13-12-46.png

as long as you not in the we want to cure or change autism fine
Hello. I joined this Forum because I have a boyfriend who has Aspergers and I thought this Forum would be helpful. Hope it's okay that I'm here, even though I don't have this disorder. I'd like to make some friends here if I could. I don't judge people and I'm a very patient person. I'll be direct as possible to asking you questions. My boyfriend is always very direct and honest with me. This is something I love about him. :)

Hi Wandering. Welcome to AC!!!

We have quite a few members here who are dating or married to Aspies or Auties. Many of them seem to find this site helpful and return the favor with an NT viewpoint on things.

Welcome.

Lots of good threads in the Love and Relationships area, just take everything with a grain of sand as every individual and situation is unique.

I think you'll find you are most welcome here.

There are many people who would be more than willing to help with any questions or concerns you have as well.

Helllllooooo.....!!
I'm NT and my partner is Aspie...
My son is Aspie...... this is a fabulous site... I have had some great advice and insights from everyone... it's a very welcoming and friendly place... :)

Lovely! Welcome!:) Lucky guy, your boyfriend. Feel free to remind him that not everyone is as actively open and understanding as his girlfriend.;) Lots of good topics on this forum-- and loads of good people too. I have high functioning ASD, as does one of my children. Thank you for joining us. Neurodiversity for the win!

If you'd like to make friends, you have come to the right place. Welcome to AC, to the both of you - and honesty is one of the pillars of a successful life. So is patience! So many people have neither of these qualities, and that really sucks. I don't like to lie and I don't like it when people lie - so I'm very proud of the two of you. I do have patience problems however, and I always regret it later. This forum has been helping me out a lot, and the people here are super-nice and I learn a lot from them by being here, starting with the fact that Asperger's is not a disability. Of course, I'm always happy to lend a helping hand in return. This place will definitely help you both learn more about autism in general.

Welcome to the group, Samantha.
This is a great place to be for chat and sharing.
Always welcome questions and learning from sharing experiences. :D

If you'd like to make friends, you have come to the right place. Welcome to AC, to the both of you - and honesty is one of the pillars of a successful life. So is patience! So many people have neither of these qualities, and that really sucks. I don't like to lie and I don't like it when people lie - so I'm very proud of the two of you. I do have patience problems however, and I always regret it later. This forum has been helping me out a lot, and the people here are super-nice and I learn a lot from them by being here, starting with the fact that Asperger's is not a disability. Of course, I'm always happy to lend a helping hand in return. This place will definitely help you both learn more about autism in general.

Thank you. Yes, my boyfriend got hurt before he got diagnosed with Asbergers. He loves me but they'll be days he becomes distant and withdrawn. He told me he shuts down when he's stressed out but still thinks of me daily. I think of it as a computer shutting down and going to sleep mode. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm still learning.

He has trust issues from him getting heartbroken which I can understand. When I spoke to his friend he seemed a little jealous but I reminded him that I love him and only him and not to worry. He calmed down and I held his hand. I have lots of patience but if I'm confused or frustrated he picks up on it and thinks it's him. Again I remind him I love him and that I'll do research. He's very smart, nerdy, loves video games, electronics, anime and cats. He owns four and I love them. Pluto is his favorite. Anytime he plays the guitar he'll ask me for opinions on what he needs to work on. I love him but I won't say it a lot cause I can sense too much of me saying it freaks him out. And when we do cuddle and kiss, he's very sweet and gentle. I always talk with him and remember when he's distant to not message him. It's just patience and communication, and I make him laugh to lighten his moods. I suffer with bipolar and I've worked on my moods for years and I always tell him if I get too sad I'll tell you and hugs are best if I'm upset but not to try to save me. My sadness is my issue and don't feel bad. He hugs me lots and I do the same for him. He means a lot to me.

Thank you. Yes, my boyfriend got hurt before he got diagnosed with Asbergers. He loves me but they'll be days he becomes distant and withdrawn. He told me he shuts down when he's stressed out but still thinks of me daily. I think of it as a computer shutting down and going to sleep mode. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm still learning.

He has trust issues from him getting heartbroken which I can understand. When I spoke to his friend he seemed a little jealous but I reminded him that I love him and only him and not to worry. He calmed down and I held his hand. I have lots of patience but if I'm confused or frustrated he picks up on it and thinks it's him. Again I remind him I love him and that I'll do research. He's very smart, nerdy, loves video games, electronics, anime and cats. He owns four and I love them. Pluto is his favorite. Anytime he plays the guitar he'll ask me for opinions on what he needs to work on. I love him but I won't say it a lot cause I can sense too much of me saying it freaks him out. And when we do cuddle and kiss, he's very sweet and gentle. I always talk with him and remember when he's distant to not message him. It's just patience and communication, and I make him laugh to lighten his moods. I suffer with bipolar and I've worked on my moods for years and I always tell him if I get too sad I'll tell you and hugs are best if I'm upset but not to try to save me. My sadness is my issue and don't feel bad. He hugs me lots and I do the same for him. He means a lot to me.

I totally get the 'shutting down' phase... it was initially difficult for me to not take personally.... but I see it as his 'recharge' time..... he can be distant when he's tired....but I try just to be on a 'low/energy' out put.... as I think he finds it tiring otherwise....

New Threads

Top Bottom