• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

HeLLo- greetings from the opposite end of weird!

lovelylana

Hey! Lovely Lana here. Kind of a random username, but I tend to be lazy/impulsive when it comes to such things. I guess I had Lana del Rey in mind . . . *scratches chin*

So, what brings me to this forum is- honestly? I was reading The Rosie Project and was reminded for like the fifth time in my life, that I think I have something that has some symptoms similar to Asperger's syndrome but in actuality comes from a condition that is effectively opposite to Asperger's- that stems from being too emotional, so emotional in fact it makes it hard to concentrate and focus on language but can discern what others mean largely based on facial expressions and vocal intonation. This has lead to me having a difficulty writing realistic dialogue in creative fiction works, as well as having a variety of other mental/emotional problems (some of which I may divulge here at a later date.)
However, despite the differences in causation, I tend to really relate to people with Asperger's Syndrome and the struggles that ensue from both of our existences on the brink of normalcy.

So thank you for reading! And I'm very happy to be a noob here in your fantastically-fantastical community!

Hey! Lovely Lana here. Kind of a random username, but I tend to be lazy/impulsive when it comes to such things. I guess I had Lana del Rey in mind . . . *scratches chin*

So, what brings me to this forum is- honestly? I was reading The Rosie Project and was reminded for like the fifth time in my life, that I think I have something that has some symptoms similar to Asperger's syndrome but in actuality comes from a condition that is effectively opposite to Asperger's- that stems from being too emotional, so emotional in fact it makes it hard to concentrate and focus on language but can discern what others mean largely based on facial expressions and vocal intonation. This has lead to me having a difficulty writing realistic dialogue in creative fiction works, as well as having a variety of other mental/emotional problems (some of which I may divulge here at a later date.)
However, despite the differences in causation, I tend to really relate to people with Asperger's Syndrome and the struggles that ensue from both of our existences on the brink of normalcy.

So thank you for reading! And I'm very happy to be a noob here in your fantastically-fantastical community!
people on the autism spectrum are emotional the difference is we burn out from it you just burn slowly

people on the autism spectrum are emotional the difference is we burn out from it you just burn slowly
Hmm, that's an interesting way to put it. Thanks for the feedback!
And for the record, I wasn't trying to say Aspies are less emotional or that their emotions are less valuable or something, I was just trying to describe our differences approaching the world.

the problem is you did what n.t's do rely on innacurate information, every person on the autism spectrum is unique .
for instance my mother had a form of motor neurone disease, you may know amyotrophic lateral sclerosis but thats a different form! because she was unique she lived three years !
David niven an actor had the same form but lived 18 months so no one person is ever the same

upload_2017-8-14_17-34-29.png

Last edited:
the problem is you did what n.t's do rely on innacurate information, every person on the autism spectrum is unique .
for instance my mother had a form of motor neurone disease, you may know amyotrophic lateral sclerosis but thats a different form! because she was unique she lived three years !
David niven an actor had the same form but lived 18 months so no one person is ever the same
Yes, I know no person is the same but I was trying to describe the condition that is shared amongst people with Autism which is not to say they have less emotional personalities but their wiring is as such that you are less atuned to other's emotions and are more content oriented.

Also, as often happens, I feel like I've entirely embarrassed myself already by posting on this forum, with my unchecked excitability- something that happens frequently online cause I'm not around people to have a sense of social context. :( I mostly just wanted to join this forum for a safe place to talk about my (thus far) un-diagnosed condition- how it is similar to Autism and what I can learn from you all.

Yes, I know no person is the same but I was trying to describe the condition that is shared amongst people with Autism which is not to say they have less emotional personalities but their wiring is as such that you are less atuned to other's emotions and are more content oriented.

Also, as often happens, I feel like I've entirely embarrassed myself already by posting on this forum, with my unchecked excitability- something that happens frequently online cause I'm not around people to have a sense of social context. :( I mostly just wanted to join this forum for a safe place to talk about my (thus far) un-diagnosed condition- how it is similar to Autism and what I can learn from you all.
Relax,we are all from the land of misfit toys :)

You are going to have to try a lot harder to offend us :D

Hello Lana....
Welcome and all that stuff..... this *is* a great place to get info and share ideas/experiences..... :)

New Threads

Top Bottom