• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello All

MonolithImmortal

Hi everyone, I'm 27 and just recently discovered that I am more than likely an Aspie. I've wondered for quite some time if I was on the spectrum, but recently got around to taking some screening tests and they all said that it was very likely that I have Asperger's. I picked up a copy of my elementary school permanent records (if you're an adult you can totally do this, I had no idea until recently) and read through the comments. Definitely major signs. Apparently in kindergarten I had a major fascination with water faucets and could talk about them at length.

I've been reading up on Autism and Asperger's for the last month and I feel like for the first time in my life I'm finally beginning to understand myself. So many different memories and experiences in my life are finally coming into focus in a coherent way. I also recently found out my half sister and her son are on the spectrum and I suspect my father is and his father was too.

I'm toying with the idea of seeing someone to see if I could get properly diagnosed, but I have no idea if I could afford it, or even if it would be worth while to do so.

Anyway, I'm married and that's my lovely wife in my avatar. We have a 14 month old baby who is the cutest little guy you could ever meet.

Welcome. I'm new here too. It's very refreshing to learn more about oneself and finally find a community you fit into.

Welcome.

Water faucets eh?
Yeah we could put our toddler in front of the sink and let him turn on the water, and then go out to dinner and a movie, come back and he'd still be in front of the sink.

A friend of mine has a teenage son with Asperger's who knows everything there is, was, or will ever become known about motor oil. As we say here in Georgia, the boy will talk you off the porch about it.

48f05ed479a7679a56f86651e5c2c75e.png

New Threads

Top Bottom