• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Headaches

Could be. I have had a headache every day for over 20 years. I have to take Goodies powder every 4 hours every day. I always just assumed it was from allergies and sinus problems.

I'm not too sure, but suffer from tension headaches and migraines on a frequent basis. So much so that I have to go to a neurologist to try to manage them.

Me too. I have headache a lot. I used to get them every day when I was still in school. I thought they were sinus headaches as well and had to take a pill every morning. I think they're really tension headaches, though.

Aspies in general I think are more likely to get other neurological oddities, including migranes. Also epilepsy. Though I personally have neither. Sometimes when I stand up too fast, I'll get dizzy and my mom has, on occasion, freaked out because she thought I was having a seizure. Though that generalization may be extremely out of date, since the last time I heard of any connection I was a teenager.

I strangely never get headaches. Occasionally my head will feel like it's throbbing but that's the closest I get. My head hurts a bit in high pressure weather systems but I imagine that's true for anyone. I think I probably do get headaches but maybe I just can't feel them or something. My senses are weird.

I used to get really severe migraines with visual disturbances. Once I had one at school, triggered by extremely bright sunlight coming through the gaps in the venetian blinds, where everything went white and I was seeing weird trails come out of people and things a bit like the time vortex things coming out of people in Donnie Darko. I really freaked out and had a massive panic attack, and my stupid school as per usual thought I was seeking attention so it took them a couple of hours to take it seriously and call someone to pick me up. I was then put on a medication that I don't think they have anymore that if taken for a while was anecdotally said to lessen the occurence of future migraines, in my case they stopped completely until during pregnancy when I was older and then they were just run of the mill migraines not the scary visual type. The epilepsy link sounds interesting as well because I had some suspected petit mal seizures as a child but this was never looked into.

when I stand up too fast, I'll get dizzy and my mom has, on occasion, freaked out because she thought I was having a seizure.
I've passed out a number of times by standing up too fast. It doesn't happen at all anymore, for some reason.

I don't think headaches is a spectrum thing but I think since many of us are so sensitive we can feel headaches more when we have them.

New Threads

Top Bottom