• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever been happy?

I think both NTs and autistics could learn useful strategies from one another if given the chance. Unfortunately, there are a few serial misinformed posters on this website who mistakenly believe it is exclusive to only autistics.

Can you elaborate on that second sentence?
I can't figure out what the pronoun "it" refers to there.

I'm sure I was happy a child prior to 1st grade. But aside from fleeting moments, there was never a moment where I looked at life and could honestly say I was happy, or at the very least content with life. The only time I ever felt real joy was when I got a dog for my 8th grade graduation present.

In my late 20's I'm pretty sure I actually fell in love with a girl for a few months. It was weird because I never cared about anyone or anything before.
She made it very clear that I was just her guy buddy, and the whole thing came crashing down. In the end, I wish it never happened. You know the old phrase "Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all"? Is two months of happiness worth many years of regret? No, I don't think so.

I have my moments. When there is no one but me outside (no humans, anyway), I just feel like I love weather so much.
Love this! Totally relate. I, too, love weather! I also have a great night time view of the stars so often sit outside for 15 minutes before bed. Alone. Often with a cat or two (or the dog) but no humans.

I am finding that I truly enjoy being around my daughter. She is always so happy and silly! She loves to sing and dance (with rhythm too!) I don't know how such a person could be the offspring of people like my wife and I. Pure love. Gotta go, someone wants to occupy the space my computer currently takes up!:)

upload_2017-12-1_11-34-21.png

New Threads

Top Bottom